21 , wings & a rose

⚔︎
______

wings & a rose
______

i was told that i was under investigation by the man that talked through a bit of a slur. he sat in the chair by the cot i had been staying in for about a week now as i was just about to be discharged from the infirmary. his face was made up of indentations mirroring that of spiderwebs and his mustache that sat just above his lip was the only form of hair he had apart from his eyebrows that were left unkept.

the investigation was tied to the house fire incident and my identity, which even i lacked the knowledge of. he was about to take me in for questioning that same day but just as the nurses bid me a farewell with those same sweet smiles i was finally getting used to, the double doors that led to the outside of the building burst open.

a man with an emblem of wings on his light brown leather jacket held up a shorter man with a limp and a bloodied arm by the shoulder as another impatiently made his way to the group of nurses that sent me off.

"its captain levi, he's badly injured!" he exclaimed, surely capturing the attention of everyone in the room with the entrance he made.

levi? my head snapped around to the blonde boy who spoke in a rush. there's only one man i know with that name, but it couldn't be him, i thought. it just couldn't.

the man groaned in annoyance, "don't be so damn dramatic, cadet." his breathing was rugged just as his husky tone was interrupted by a few grunts the more he spoke. the familiarity in his voice made me question the name the soldier said even more but before i could get a good look, the nurses had already swarmed behind him and the only thing i was able to see was an emerald green garb paired with a few dark strands of stray hair just above the crowd.

"i wasn't ready to say goodbye," were the only words i could think about after that before walking out the doors with an emblem of a red rose slightly swaying back and forth as i followed.