16 , glowing light

𖨥
______

glowing light
______

shards of glass were scattered across the wooden boards that made the floor. it crunched under his weight and punctured through my worn shoes, leaving smeared drops of blood across the living room. the pain made my whole body throb as i tried screaming through my hand but only for it to come out muffled.

the sound of shattering glass seemed never-ending the more agitated he became. spilled alcohol covered the ground and soon, the house looked as though its been ransacked. broken furniture, thrown objects, and ripped curtains were the only thing left until he couldn't find anything else to ruin or throw.

i tried covering my ears over the loud crashing sounds and yelling that became so hoarse after going on for an hour that went on for another and then another. "how did it feel shaking your ass for other men, huh? answer me, you fucking slut." his last words dripped off the tongue like honey yet stung like poison; so bittersweet, the way he hissed at me.

there was no ounce of emotion behind the eyes that stared at me from across the room. mine could only sit in awe at the small glowing light that illuminated from just above his hand-and without hesitation he said, "since this house is already tainted and trashed, your going down with it," flicking his wrist before the flames sat before my bloodied feet.

not again, i thought, not again.