Amazing

Sorry for the late upload!

For those of you that don't know or need a refresher,  Flyer Derby is played between two teams of five players and requires a staff for flight and colored flags corresponding to the playing teams. The flag are attached to the staffs, and points are scored by stealing flags from the opposing team and hanging them on a multi-pronged flag post.

I accidentally posted the wrong version this is the finished one.

Matt pov

I get to the derby meet a little bit later than I wanted- they had already started.

There were a lot of open seats, the flyer derby just doesn't bring as many people in as Grudgby.

Looking around a bit, I easily find Luz and Amity. When I sit next to them, Luz hands me two emerald colored flags.

"you'll need them" she says smiling

Gus pov

Before we started, I looked around for Matt. I didn't see him.

Even if I didn't see him doesn't mean he didn't show. hopefully.

I round the corner, reaching for another player's flag, when I see him.

Matt is here, and he's waving flags for me- us, he's waving flags for us.

My breath hitches slightly, I can't mess this up now

(okay well I can but its just even more important to me if I don't)

When I focus back on the other person, I see they are starting to draw a large spell circle.
Faster than them, I draw my own. Creating another me in my place while I dive out of the way and steal their flag.

"two down, three to go!" Viney says while blocking another person from stealing my flag. She takes their's in turn. "Make that two!"

"how many casualties?" I say to her as we race to the flag post.

"Scarra" she said grimly "She got doubled up on while I was dealing with a vine trap."

(AN: I know the irony, Viney got caught in a vine trap)

"Ah" I say, dodging one of the last two opposing players and snatching their flag, as Willow and Hunter take down the other.

Once we land we are swarmed by the friends and family that showed up.

As the crowd starts to die out, Dad makes his way to me.

"You did so good!" he says while pulling me into a big hug.

"Thanks Dad." I say grinning

"Luz is hosting an after thing right?" he asks, putting be down.

"Yeah, she is." I reply

"I'm going to go home. Are you staying with your friends tonight?"

"I'll probably go home after."

"Alright, I'll see you then." Dad says spinning on his heels and walking off.

"Hey you didn't fall off Squirt" I hear Matt say after the crowd clears out, he's standing in a place so obvious it'll be hard to miss him yet somehow I did.

"I told you I wouldn't" I say smiling

He looks at the ground before he says "You were amazing out there."

Blushing furiously I say "thanks, you too"
"I- uh, thanks" I manage to stutter out

Matt looks at me confused for a second before he starts to laugh.

"Do I really fluster you that much" he cockily says, stepping forward, the space between us is much smaller.

I search his face, finding his deep brown eyes. He looks back.

"Yes." I say quietly

The gap closes. His lips are on mine, warm and gentle.

When he pulls away his face is bright red. I'm more flustered than before.

"Gus?" I hear Willow call from around the corner.

"I've gotta go. I'll, see you around?" I say hesitantly.

"Yeah, yep, see you later I guess" Matt says while failing to hide his disappointment.

With that I leave him standing there as I go find Willow.

Thank you for reading! See you next week!