Lunch

(It is now Monday in the fic)

Matt pov

I keep thinking back to Saturday, and this morning during illusions; It was so awkward with Gus. He seemed like he wanted to talk to me but couldn't figure out how so he pretended nothing happened.

To be fair that's exactly what I was doing.
I'm just glad the teacher gave me an errand to run that took me outside the classroom.

"Did you watch the derby match?" Luz asks breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yep." I say flatly

"Well someone is grouchy today " Luz says while taking the seat across from me, Amity sits next to her.

After a minute or two of Luz and Amity fawning over each other Luz yells
"GUS, WILLOW! OVER HERE!"

They walk over. Gus takes the seat next to me, and Willow sits next to Amity.

I look over at Gus. He's drinking virgin apple blood out of a juice box.
"Ha! A juice box, what a baby. It matches your height Squirt!" I say teasingly

He slugs me in the shoulder, not enough to hurt but hard enough to get his point across.
"Hey! what was that for?" I said damn well knowing why he hit me but wanting to tease him.
"You were being a jerk." he says plainly.
"But I'm your jerk" I said teasing him further.
he slugs me in the shoulder once again and mumbles "Idiot"
Our friends just stare at us.

Confused I start to say something when Luz and Willow exclaim
"ARE YOU TWO FINALLY DATING!?"

"WHAT!" I exclaim as Gus chokes on his juice box.

I look at Gus, are we dating, we never confirmed anything, but from Grom and the kiss. I just don't know.
Gus is looking at me, he doesn't know either, does he?

Gus pov
Matt looks at me, he can't tell if we are dating or not. Honestly neither can I. It seems like we are, I want us to be.

"Yes" I finally say
He smiles slightly and whispers "yes"

I don't know what will happen next, but this is where we are now, and I could not be happier.

I wrote this before writing most of the story and just now decided to scrap the ending that I had. I planned on having them finally get together at the last chapter. I might end it here.

Thank you so very much for the support on this story, I cried several times when I saw how many people had read and enjoyed it. <3