CHAPTER 23

HE ISN'T SURE about what makes Valouise bothered. Ever since the day she confronted Verne. Sa una pa lang ay plano na ni Bylur ang pabagsakin ang kompanya ni Verne at pahirapan ang lalaking iyon ngunit ayaw naman ni Wensie kaya hindi na n'ya ito ginawa.

She was plainer as ever.  Sanay naman si Bylur sa pagiging tahimik at kaseryosohan ng dalaga ngunit iba ngayon, balisa s'ya at halatang maraming iniisip. 

Bylur had an idea to make Valouise smile. It's been a while since they went out for foods. Yes, he had noticed that Valouise really love foods.

He remembered how his Valouise eats. Her happy pill was food. Everytime she did a good job she would ask for food. He had cooked for her and she always eats everything on the plate. Hindi naman n'ya inaayawan ito at lagi pa n'ya itong naii-spoiled. He is just happy to see how foods can beighten Valouise's mood.

With a smile on his face, he went up to her room. He was expecting to see her working or maybe sleep but what he saw makes him wander.

Ang mga damit ng dalaga at nakatupi, ang ibang kagamitan nito'y nasa kama. At si Valouise naman ay dahan-dahang nilalagay ang damit sa duffel bag n'ya. Bylur wondered but later on realization hits him.

“V-Val...!” he stammered.

Lumapit s'ya rito at umupo sa kama.

Nasa isip na n'ya anong nangyayari. Iiwan s'ya ni Valouise, aalis si Valouise! Mas lalong minadali ni Valouise ang paglagay ng mga gamit n'ya sa bag ngunit wala sa sariling inabot ni Bylur and mga nasa bag at dahan-dahan n'ya itong nilalabas.

Valouise was putting everything inside but Bylur keeps on taking it out with his shaking hands. Hindi na namalayan ng binata na patuloy na dumaosdos ang mga luha n'ya. He don't know why but he has guts that this isn't just a simple leaving.

“B-Bylur, itigil mo nga yan!” saway sa kanya ni Valouise.  Halata ang inis sa kanyang boses.

Bylur went down the floor with his knee bent down. He kept on taking her clothes out the duffel bag while sniffling, trying to stop himself from crying out loud. He don't want Valouise to see him crying.

“I-Ibalik m-mo 'to sa cabinet , h-ha? O a-ako nalang mag aayos nito u-ulit?” He stuttered. Valouise saw how tears continuously fell from his eyes but she immediately averted her gaze and bit her lower lips.

“Ano ba! Aalis ako Bylur, aalis ako!” sigaw n'ya rito at madaling nilagay ang mga gamit pabalik sa bag n'ya.

“Ayos naman tayo noong mga unang araw, Val. B-Bakit ganito? Kailangan p-pa ba 'to? A-Ayos naman tayo, 'diba?”

She immediately picked up the duffel bags and stood up.  But before she could step out, she felt Bylur's cold shaking hands on her arms.

“W-Where are you g-going? W-Why?” his voice broke while his tears continuously fell from his eyes. He was crying without a sound.

“B-Bitawan mo'ko,” Valouise whispered.

“P-Please, tell m-me why, please?” he pleaded.

“Because you're a fucking manipulator!” She snapped out. She looked at her. Bylur froze when he saw how tears was flowing from her eyes. 

He hates it when he saw her crying but what she heard makes him hurt too that she wasn't able to lift up his hands to wipe away her tears.

She shouldn't cry. I don't like it when she's crying, it hurts me.

He thought...

“Get your hands off me! I-I don't want t-to see a fucking lier, manipulator, a snake and a fucking traitor like you!”

Valouise's words was enough to wreck him into pieces. Yung puso n'ya... Paulit-ulit na dinudurog dahil sa sinabi ng dalaga!

“V-Val...” he sobs. “I— I asked y-you to l-listen to m-me , r-right? I w-want t-to explain, please?” He cried.

“I already k-know everything, Bylur! M-Mithran told me everything! He told me...” Valouise said without looking into his eyes.

“Val, please! L-Let me t-tell you everything. L-Let me explain f-first, p-please? Let me tell you the t-truth...” he continuously beg as his sight went blurry because of those tears that continuously flowing from his eyes.

“Truth?” mapaklang tumawa si Valouise at napailing-iling.

“You lied at me once, how can I be so sure you won't do it the next time around?” Valouise voice was sharp. Bylur gave up and let's go of her arms.

Sa oras nang binitawan ni Bylur ang braso n'ya ay agad s'yang tumalikod at handa nang umalis ngunit natigilan s'ya nang marinig na may malakas na pagbagsak.  She was expecting for things but when she turned around, her eyes widened in shock to see Bylur kneeling.

“V-Val please, don't leave m-me please?” he begged as he cried aloud.

“P-Please, Val... I-I love you!” he cried. Valouise formed her fist.

“Y-You love Galina... Not me. You love t-the past me— the person that isn't me!” she said while gritting her teeth. Sa 'di n'ya malamang dahilan ay dumaosdos na naman ulit ang mga luha n'ya.

“K-Kahit h-hayaan mo na akong m-magpaliwanag, V-Val! Kahit isang beses lang...” he pleaded again but Valouise turned her back on him.

“Mahal kita, Valouise! Mahal na mahal! P-Pakiusap lang oh, wag mo'ko iwan ng g-ganito... Kahit h-hayaan mo nalang na magpaliwanag a-ako...”

“This is not love, Bylur! This is your fucking Obsession for Galina!” Valouise snapped. They fell silent for a while. Bylur continued to cry without a sound. He was still on his knees and he was letting his tears fall down without a break. Ilang minuto ring ganoon hanggang sa mapag-desisyonan na ni Valouise ang umalis ngunit napatigil s'ya nang may tanong ang lalaki.

“C-Can y-you tell me where you're g-going?” he asked with his heads bowed down, looking at his shaking hands that are wet from his tears.

“To Colden!” May diing sagot ni Valouise. Bylur flinched in pain. Valouise's words keeps on shattering his heart into pieces.

“C-Can I— Can I hug you before you g-go?” he requested but Valouise just shook her head on Bylur.

After that, Valouise left him without a word. She left him while he was still in the floor kneeling with his tears continuously flowing.

“I can't lose her...”

FAITH
•|| fairyF8tales ||•