Ripnami, Pool Day

Human AU

Requested by: @WarriorCats4Life62

Enjoy!!

--------------------

Tsunami's POV

The pool. The warm flowing water brushing up against your skin. The smell of chlorine in the air. It's the best. And I was finally getting to go with the person I love the most. 

I checked my phone, making sure everything was going to go great today. 97 degrees and sunny all day. Perfect! 

Now to pick out a bathing suits. I had the ones for the stupid swim team that my mom had made me join. I had the one pieces for what my mom called "recreation". But I needed to impress Riptide. Those wouldn't do. I finally came across what I was looking for. Sunny and I had bought it a couple weeks ago. It was the first time Coral had let me go shopping without her. So obviously we had to buy a bikini. 

I shoved it into my pool bag and dashed out the door. I couldn't be late to yet another date. 

"Hey mom! I'm going to the pool. I'll be back by 5," I called, running down the stairs. 

She gave me a look. "With who?" 

Oh right, she doesn't let me go anywhere with Riptide either. "Uh-Glory, yeah she's meeting me there." I nodded convincingly. I'm totally a great liar. 

"Fine, just make sure she hasn't invited that Deathbringer. You know he's trouble," she replied, handing me the car keys. 

I threw open the wood door and ran out to the car. It was the newest model of some fancy brand. My mom was going through yet another faze. Since we were rich, she could basically buy whatever we wanted, so she was buying anything and everything to fill the whole in her heart. At least Anemone was doing well.

I plugged in the key and started to drive. The neighborhood was huge and completely full of Coral's many friends. They were all posh and serious. It should be a crime to live in a neighborhood with this many jerks. 

At least the pool was only a mile away. 

I pulled into the parking lot, next to all the carpool vans and old jeeps. It was absolutely fabulous. The local pool community was the best. 

I checked in swiftly, showing them my pass. Riptide was waiting just beyond the entrance gate. 

"Hey, you're actually on time today!" He exclaimed. 

"Shut up and kiss me," I snapped, pulling him closer to me. He closed the gap. His lips tasted like strawberries. Again. He probably stole Glory's chap-stick. Again.

"Okay, you ready to go in the pool?" 

"Of course! Just let me change," I smiled. He was one of the only things that made me happy anymore. 

I headed off to the old locker rooms. They were left over from when this place used to be a school. And they were pretty much as old as dirt. Ah, the memories. 

I changed into the bikini, wondering whether or not it was too much. The back of the top was braided and the bottoms had a design on them that was to die for. Plus they were blue, everything is better when it's blue.

Riptide wolf-whistled as I walked out of the locker room. I rolled my eyes. He's honestly insane. 

"Ready?" I asked, smiling. 

"Of course!" He smirked at me. 

Suddenly I was flying threw the air. I landed in the pool with a huge splash before I could even comprehend what was happening. Did he seriously just through me in? Oh he is going to pay!

I lunged out of the water at him and grabbed his arm, pulling him into the pull with me. His perfectly styled hair was ruined in seconds by the cool water. 

I giggle-snorted, trying to contain my glee. 

"You jerk! You're lucky you're hot or I would-"

"Did you just call me hot?" I laughed even harder. Only Riptide would try to flirt with me while trying to threaten me. 

"I'm fairly sure I did. Why, you reading into it?" 

Did he just- "I'm your girlfriend!" 

"Oh really? I seem to have forgotten," he said slyly. Just then he kissed me again. The nerve of this guy. He's lucky I love him. 

I splashed him with the full force of my hand. He reeled back in surprise. He even gasped, inhaling a bucketful of water. 

See this is why I hang out with him. I need a break from the stress of Coral and Anemone. Even if Anemone is quite calm. 

We hung out by the pool for hours. Getting drinks, gulping down more snacks than humanly possible. It was the best. 

The sun was even starting to set beyond the horizon. It was breath taking. The sky was a mix of all my favorite colors. Blues and purples and pinks. It almost matched my hair. Though, that had been stained blonde in the pool because of the bleach. 

Suddenly I heard a scream in the background. Another one pierced the night sky just seconds later. By that time everyone had turned to the source of the sound. 

The shrill voice was coming from just outside the pool gate. Riptide grabbed my arm. "If there's any danger, you promise me you'll run," he whispered. It took all of my willpower to nod. 

"WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!" A flash of pale skin appeared from behind the check in counter.

"TSUNAMI GET AWAY FROM THAT BASTARD!" 

Oh crap. 

It was my mom. 

I'm pretty sure this is the shortest most incomplete chapter I've ever written but here you go. 

This will be edited by the end of the week. 

Thank you to @WarriorCats4Life62 for the suggestion and stay safe everyone!