049.

U AND I.
( CHAPTER FORTY NINE ! )
DOWNHILL FROM HERE, PART ONE.

 ( CHAPTER FORTY NINE ! ) DOWNHILL FROM HERE, PART ONE

' 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟗, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒. '
metropolis recording studio ━━ corpus christi, texas !

MILANI STAYED ALONE IN the studio, brainstorming for her new album. She had no clue what she wanted to do with it, at all. She wanted something much different from her other two, entirely different but still staying in the R&B genre, obviously.

She was currently awaiting for Michael Bivins, who had a special surprise for her, to his wording. Milani wasn't the one for surprises, it made her nervous, everytime.

She slightly jumped at the knocks being placed on the door, since it had been in pure silence for the last hour. No, Mike hadn't made her wait for an hour — Milani had decided to attend the studio beforehand to see if anything had reached her mind.

Getting up from her chair, she walked towards the door, opening it she was met with Mike. She smiled softly, until she seen five other heads poke out from both sides of the door frame. The familiar faces being Ralph, Bobby, Ronnie, Ricky, and Johnny — overall being New Edition.

"Oh my god, am I dreaming? I'm dreaming, there's no way in hell—" She began to fan-girl, she didn't fangirl about lots of things — but things like this, she surely did. "Believe it, babydoll. We all have a surprise for you." Mike told her, the six of them entering the studio when she moved to the side.

"We heard that you were really big fans of us, and we took the chance to give back to you for the unlimited amount of support you've given us from the start, both together and individually." Bobby winked, wrapping his arm around Ricky's shoulder, as he crossed his legs.

"We heard that you were in the need of some amazing producers, and we're like damn . . . she needs one of the best, the greatest, the legendary producers." Ronnie spoke, placing his hand in his chin as he pretended to think to go along with the well-scripted script they all had practice before they'd gotten there.

"So, we put our thinking caps on . . . you've worked with them before, unknowingly, and to be honest, they felt it was too soon, but it was perfect timing. You deserve this more than ever." Ricky nodded, Milani's eyebrows furrowed, entirely confused on their small speeches.

"After a small consideration, more like two minutes, actually." Ralph chuckled, before he continued, "Here it goes, the two musical geniuses themselves, good friends of ours, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis." He introduced, two men in full black tuxedo suits and black tinted shades, came into the room, Milani's eyes widened out of their sockets at their presence.