044.

U AND I.
( CHAPTER FORTY FOUR ! )
BACK HOME, BUT GONE SOON.

 ( CHAPTER FORTY FOUR ! ) BACK HOME, BUT GONE SOON

𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒.  '
the degrate's residence ━━━ corpus christi, texas !

"So let love, take us through the hours. I won't be complaining, ooh, 'cause this is love power, ooh." Milani hummed along as Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Til You Get Enough played throughout the entire house.

Kneeling down, she cupped Malia's face, singing to her before pecking her plumped lips. Malia laughed at her mother's antics as she wiggled her rattle around. She was becoming more active and vocal as time passed, she just wished DeVante was around to witness it all with her.

"You're such a happy baby, Melly." She cooed, before she placed her attention back onto the food she was currently cooking for herself, her sister and brother — who were soon to arrive within the next hour for dinner they'd do every chance they could. Which was pretty often nowadays since she wasn't as busy as she was before.

She continued to cook the food, until she heard Malia scream on the top of her lungs, excitedly. Milani turned around, seeing as DeVante was crouched over, unbuckling her from her swing behind her.

"Wassup, mama. You miss Daddy? I know you missed Daddy, I missed you princess." He cooed, pressing multiple kisses onto her cheek, she giggled and smiled brightly at the action.

"De? I thought you weren't coming back until next week?" She scoffed in excitement, placing down the spoon before walking over to his side. The two shared a couple deep kisses, DeVante gave her butt a tight squeeze before he placed his head in the crook of her neck, inhaling the scent he missed ever so dearly.

"I know, that was a lie. But aye, I have a couple things I have to explain to you." He told her, she instantly frowned up. She really hoped he hadn't done anything that put their relationship on the line. She prayed heavy that it wasn't that. "DeVante, if you—"

"No, it's not that. Trust me, it's something else." He chuckled slightly, before he sat down near the island, placing Malia in front of him on the counter.

Milani turned off the stove, placing the top of the pot onto the item, walking over to the kitchen sink, washing her hands before she adverted her attention over to DeVante.

"Shoot." She told him, licking her bottom lip before pulling it inward. "I don't know if you paid attention to the media lately, but K-Ci and I— we're uh, being charged with a sexual assault and gun charge." He confessed, Milani furrowed her eyebrows instantly. She hadn't paid attention to the media, but she was shocked that she hadn't heard about it.