𝐈. 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

Start from the beginning

barbie smiled before getting right into work, but not before taking a sip of her iced coffee.

during lunch break, frankie dragged barbie out of the office and to a nail salon. to be honest, barbie truly needed to re-do her nails, the ones that were currently painted on were chipping away.

"so barbie, you've been working here a couple months, i feel like i don't know you too well, expect for your fabulous fashion and that fabulous name" frankie commented
"thanks, i mean there isn't much to tell, i just graduate from emory"
"darling, talk to me like you would talk to one of your girls,"
"i don't really talk to my family if that helps, my uncle bobby is the only i've kept in contact with since i was 17"
"why's that?"
"uh...let's just say my dad isn't the best"
"dads are the worse, my dad's a deadbeat and i'm so glad my mom left him and build herself this company, which as you know i take over now"

barbie nodded, smiling before frankie said, there was no need for men in their lives. the youngest winchester agreed, call her all sorts of names if you want but what happened that night with john and dean hurt barbie forever. not hearing back from sam, caused her to realize that she wasn't needed.

it reminded her of when she was about four years old. it was after john had gotten back to the motel drunk, he was throwing up over and over again. 12-year-old dean was the one taking care of john while barbie was sobbing her eyes out in the next room.

"i want momma!" she would cry over and over again,

that's when dean, frustrated over hearing his sister cry, finally snapped, saying that mom wasn't here and even if she was, she wouldn't know who barbie was at all. that caused barbie to stay shut, she took a deep breath and just looked at the ground, trying not to cry.

an 8-year-old sam, tried to take care of his sister, assuring her that everything was going to be fine, but it also wasn't much help after hearing dean snap at barbie about mom. there were a few other times, where the brothers had made barbie feel excluded. barbie never knew why, it was like they knew something that barbie didn't.

but of course, that didn't mean barbie remembers all the time dean had taken care of barbie, or at least when he could.

"barbie!" frankie's voice echoed into her ear
"huh? sorry, just dozing off in my la la land" barbie said smiling
"well, i was just saying that if you wanted to, you could even come to the party"

barbie smiled from ear to ear asking if frankie was certain. the boss nodded her head saying that she was certain that barbie should come to the party. this was it, barbie was sort of living the jenna rink life from 13 going on 30 and no there is nothing wrong with her modeling her whole life after that movie.

the rain started to stop, but the clouds were still there; on the way back home, barbie decides to call her uncle bobby, someone who she should've called earlier today.

the phone rang about three times before hearing the familiar voice on the other end of the line.

"babs?"
"hey, uncle bobby, sorry for not calling earlier, it was a major downpour today! and i just was drenched, but hey, i got my nails done. of course a super cute pink. how are things over there?"
"well besides the usual hunter weekly i give you"
"yes, yes, i love our girl talks, too"

barbie can picture bobby rolling his eyes before continuing on: "not much as been happening, i mean, just a few things here and there"
"is there really nothing to update me on? or are you just not wanting to tell me anything"
"babs, you know i care for you right? die for you, if anything"
"you're scaring me"
"what i'm trying to say is, if i'm not telling you something it's possible for the best, and to make sure that you don't get dragged into this. hell, sam and dean don't even know i talk to you"