Chapter Thirty-two: Fatherly Love.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He shook his head and went back to slouch in his seat, chewing on the sweets.

Well at least I knew what perfecta was.

A while later, a song we both liked came up on the radio.
Well, who didn't like that one very popular song by Tears for Fears?

The moment the music started, Angelo and I exchanged a look and I turned up the volume.

Welcome to your life
There's no turning back
Even while we sleep...

We both starting singing along at the same time.

"We will find you acting on your best behavior
Turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world!"

I grinned, bouncing to the beat in my seat.

♥っ♥っ♥っ♥

After such a long day, we finally got back to Hotel Lotus.
I didn't even bother taking the car to the underground parking lot, and Angelo didn't seem to mind, we just wanted to kick back and relax.

But the song was still stuck in my head and I was not going to suffer alone.

"Come on Angie, sing with me!" I said holding up an invisible mic to his face.

"How are you still so hyper?" He asked.

I started anyways, "It's my own design..."

He sighed, "It's my own remorse."

"Help me to decide!" I sang with a little flourish. "Come on!"

"Help me make the most of freedom"

"And of pleasure"

"Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world!" We sang and to my surprise, he took my hand and made me do a little twirl.

I squealed, laughing. "That's the spirit!"

He gave me a half smile and swayed with me right in the open lot, the neon sign of the hotel providing enough light.

"There's a room where the light won't find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
When they do I'll be right behind you

"So glad we've almost made it
So sad they had to fade it
Everybody wants to rule the world..."

I couldn't seem to stop smiling as I stared up at him.
His eyes held mine as I felt his fingers brush against my cheek then trail to the nape of my neck, tangling with the curls there. Small shivers traveled through my spine.

"Are you satisfied now?" Angelo asked, quietly.

"Well..." I murmured, placing a hand on his chest as I attempted to stretch up on tip toes.

"VIOLET ZARA ADAMS!" A very loud, very familiar voice bellowed and my soul nearly left my body.

Angelo and I broke apart just in time for my Dad to rush up and grab me by my shoulders.
"Where have you been?! I've been worried sick, how could you do this to me? You've been here the whole time?! I called you everyday but you wouldn't answer, what is wrong with you? I am your father, you can't..."