"Honestly, I don't even know what to say," Daniella said the truth.

She gave Carlos a sympathetic look and walked past him.

Carlos immediately held her wrist, stopping her from taking another step. He wanted to pull her back and kiss her but somehow restrained himself.

Before Daniella could complain he let go of her and she didn't stand her even a second and left, feeling guilty and blaming herself for the mess.

***

"What do you mean Latifi is P1?" Daniella sounded surprised as FP3 came to an end and it was raining just like she hoped.

"Yeah... everyone is surprised as well," Nate commented.

"Good for him," Daniella replied as she drove the car back to the pit lane.

The mechanics pushed the car back into the garage and the driver stepped out. The team immediately started working on the car to get it to its best shape and settings before the qualifying session starts.

"You better qualify ahead of your boyfriend," Toto came over and said in a low voice but in a threatening manner.

"Yeah yeah... or else you will give my seat to George," Daniella finished his threat in a slight mocking and sarcastic tone. "I have heard that song many times."

Toto glared at her and then gave her an annoyed look which one of the broadcasting cameras zoomed in on.

"Why are you not scared of me?" Toto asked in disbelief.

"Because you are not scary," Daniella smiled at her boss. "And even if you are, I won't show that I am scared."

***

"Is that another pole?" Daniella asked as soon as she crossed the chequered flag and the qualifying session ended.

"That is a pole," Nate excitedly informed her as the Mercedes team cheered for their driver, Toto looking happy and proud.

"Ahh! This feels good," Daniella sounded happy and relieved. "I needed this after last week," She added as she slowed down and waved at the fans.

Carlos was on the provisional pole earlier but now he will be starting second. Lewis was also on a flying lap but his DRS was not working so he only managed to get seven place but the team looked hopeful, especially since both the Red Bulls are starting in tenth and eleventh position after facing some issues.

***

"This is nice," Daniel commented as he looked around the table. "We should do this more often."

"And by 'this' you mean you crashing our double date?" Daniella asked the McLaren driver.

"I didn't crash anything," Daniel defended himself as he once again looked around. He was sitting in the middle, separating the two couples. "I just made this night better for you four."

"Keep telling yourself that.." Lando mumbled as he rolled his eyes.

It was supposed to be a double date with Daniella and Max, and Lando and Luisa but Daniel got a sniff of it from Lando and invited himself as he didn't want to feel left out.

"What will you do during summer break?" Max jokingly asked. "Follow me and Dani to where ever we are going?"

"Yeah... maybe," Daniel replied.

Daniella's eyes got slightly wide after hearing the reply and looked at Max who had the same expression.

Lando can't help but let out a laugh.

"Or... you can go on a vacation with Lando," Daniella suggested. "It will be a good chance to bond with your teammate."

Lando immediately looked serious as Daniel looked at him.

"Yeah, I think you should do that," Max said in a teasing manner.

"Please don't..." Luisa softly mumbled, not wanting anyone to ruin her vacation with Lando.

"Yeah, no thanks," Lando slightly panicked. "I think we have already bonded enough."

**********

A/N: No motivation, no inspiration, no ideas😭 apologies for the boring chapter. I don't understand how you guys are reading it because if I was a reader I would hate it so much. Anyway....

 Dani got pole. How do you think the race will go? 

Also, we got a little bit of Carlos in this chapter 🌶🌶

(I am so confused. Part of me want to end this book and another part of me wants to continue it but I feel like it will only be possible if I take the *crazy* rout with the story line which I don't really want to. And it feels like the story is at a good place right now to come to an end. I also don't know how to proceed with Toxic Heart...so I might discontinue it)

**********

Hungarian GP qualy: George got his first pole. I was so happy. It was also Merc's first pole of the season.

 Ferrari did well too but then...HARD TYRES!!!! 

Also, Latifi P1 in FP3 was the biggest shock of the weekend but it was a good shock.

ALSO, Fernando Alonso signed with Aston Martin??????? What was he thinking??? Did he got kicked out or something because I am pretty sure Alpine cars are faster and better than AM (not sure if it will be the case next year) I hope Oscar gets the Alpine seat but I never get what I want so... Do you guys have any predictions for the silly season????