41

"Thank god you are here," Daniella let out a deep breath in relief after she opened the door.

"You are not ready yet?" Max asked as he walked in, unable to look away from her.

"No," Daniella sounded guilty. She closed the door and turned to find Max looking at her, moving his eyes up and down.

"Stop looking at me like that," Daniella scolded. "I need your help.."

"With what?" Max asked, not sure what sort of help she needed.

Daniella turned around, showing him her back as she pulled her hair to the front. The black dress she chose for the party didn't have a zipper on the back, instead had to tie up a few strings. At the time of packing her clothes, Daniella didn't think the dress is going to be a hassle but was obviously proven wrong.

"I have been struggling with these for the last fifteen minutes," Daniella explained and Max understood. "Can... can you help?"

Max gulped as he stepped closer to her.

"Umm yeah, sure," He cleared his throat.

Daniella let out a shaky breath as Max's cold fingers touched her back as he started tying up the strings. A chill runs down her spine every time their skin makes contact.

"Are.. are you sure you are going to be comfortable in this dress?" He hesitantly asked, his warm breath hitting Daniella's neck. It's not that the dress looks uncomfortable, it's just he doesn't want anyone else to see her in it, especially a certain Ferrari driver.

"Ye..yeah," Daniella replied. "It's quite comfortable actually," She felt her heart beating a little faster as Max finished tying up the last strings.

Max took his time to remove his hands from her, slowly running them down her back, touching her warm skin with his cold hands. Daniella also didn't complain, she just closed her eyes for those seconds and enjoyed it.

The moment was interrupted when Max's phone started ringing. Both took a step away from each other and Max pulled out his phone. He let out a sigh before answering it.

"Yes, Daniel?" He had a brief conversation on the phone as Daniella put on her heels and reapplied her lipstick.

"He is getting impatient?" Daniella let out a small chuckle, trying to avoid what happened just minutes ago.

"Yeah," Max replied as he put his phone back in his pocket. "We better get going."

***

"There are my two favorite people," Daniel cheerfully said as Max and Daniella walked in. There was a huge crowd and they could barely spot someone familiar.

Daniel soon sensed the awkwardness between the two drivers, the expressions on both of them are enough to tell him that something happened between them.

"I thought you said no plus ones," Daniella said as she looked around.

"Yeah, but no one listened to me," Daniel shrugged, lying through his teeth.

Max narrowed his eyes as he looked at Daniel, not believing his words, but he didn't put much thought to it. It's not like he was going to invite someone else, and the only reason he came after his horrible race is because of Daniella.

"Yeah okay then," Daniella shrugged. "I need a drink... actually, I need more than one drink."

"Me too," Max let out a deep breath.

"The bar is that way," Daniel pointed in the direction.

Daniella didn't wait for anyone and made her way through the crowd.