15

"Yep, I was right," Max showed Daniella the recent text he received from Daniel. "He has got covid."

Daniella took the phone and read the text, but chuckled at the selfie Daniel sent Max, he was pouting and clearly looked sick. 

"Poor guy, I hope he feels better soon," She handed the phone back to Max. "And poor Lando. He is going to have to drive the car instead of Daniel."

"Yeah his neck is gone," Max let out an evil laugh. "It's going to be so sore."

"At least he has his girlfriend with him to make him feel better."

"Yeah but we both know how much he is going to complain later," Max replied as he pointed at Lando standing a few meters away. 

Daniella looked at her friend who was soon joined by his girlfriend and no one can deny the fact that the McLaren driver looks happy in his new relationship. 

"Do you miss her?" Daniella softly asked as she looked back at Max who was already looking at her. 

"Who?" He sounded confused. 

"Kelly," Daniella replied. "She used to accompany you almost at the time. You must miss her."

"Nah, I don't.." Max awkwardly shook his head. "I don't miss her much."

Daniella nodded, understanding that he doesn't want to talk about it, but she has a curious mind. 

"But you never told me why you two broke up," She said, expecting an answer. 

"It was…not working out," Max looked at her. "We both wanted different things…"

Unknown to them some of the photographers took photos of them and a couple of them were already posted in the official F1 social media accounts. Since both were suited up in their respective team suit it added more drama in the fanbase. 

Daniella was about to say something else but Myra yelled out her name, causing her to turn around. The PR manager informed the driver that Toto Wolff is looking for her. 

"I better get going before he loses his cool," Daniella joked, causing Max to chuckle. 

"See you later."

***

After discussing some details with the team Daniella was ready to head back on the track and test drive the car. Myra handed her the helmet. She was about to put it on when Toto came to talk to her. 

"Umm Daniella.." He cautiously said. 

"Yes Toto," She looked at him. 

"I just…well have you seen the new season of drive to survive?" He nervously asked the driver. 

"No, why?" She asked as she fixed her hair as she will put on her helmet soon. 

"Well I…" He hesitated. "I called you arrogant and impulsive and few other not so nice words last season and it seems they showed it in the first episode," He nervously explained. "And I hope there won't be any hard feelings about it since I said it in the heat of the moment."

"You said those things before or after I signed the contract with this team?" Daniella chuckled, not taking any sort of offense. 

"Before," Toto quickly replied. 

Daniella chuckled at his nervousness as she put on her helmet. 

"Relax Toto," She smirked at him. "I also called you a few things last year, which are probably much worse than what you called me. And I am sure Netflix will show that."

"What? What did you call me?" Toto's nervousness was replaced with a curious and defensive mode. 

"Watch the season and find out," Daniella chuckled as she stepped inside her car and sat. "And I hope there won't be any hard feelings about it."

As Daniella went out on the track curiosity took the best of Toto. 

"Someone bring me my laptop now," He yelled. He needs to find out what she said about him. 

**********

A/N: I am not feeling this story, not sure how long I will be able to continue it.

I hope Daniel gets better soon and tests negative

Any unpopular predictions for this year?

I am hoping McLaren will win at least three or more races and Lando gets his first win.

Also can't wait to see how George will perform in Merc and will he follow team orders or not since they will push Lewis to win his 8th this year.

And I really want a Mick and Seb podium