107

Daniella entered her hotel room, tired but a lot in her mind. She still had an hour and a half in her hand before its time to leave for the airport. She decided to take a quick shower and change her clothes.

Feeling fresh and relaxed she lay on her bed as she unlocked her phone, posting a few photos and commenting on a few. As she scrolled down she came across a photo of her and Max that the official F1 account posted.

Once again millions of thoughts ran through her mind as her eyes stared at the photo of Max looking at her at the podium and smiling and to her surprise, she was smiling at him too.

She checked the time and realized that she didn't have much time in hand but both her heart and brain were telling her to follow her guts.

"This time I will have no one but myself to blame.." she said to herself before getting out of bed.

***

Max was confused when he heard the knock on his door. He just got back to his room and was not expecting anyone. He had dinner plans with Daniel but that's until a few more hours.

If it was no one important he was prepared to turn that person away. But he was surprised as he opened the door, his eyes went wide, not believing who is standing in front of him.

"I hate you," Daniella walked in without any invitation.

"I..I already know that.." Max replied as he closed the door shut and looked at Daniella. She had a look that he has never seen before but can clearly see the conflict in her eyes. "What are you do..."

"You are an idiot whose ego is bigger than the entire world. You always jump to the conclusion and without hearing my side of the story you lashed out at me, while you also slept with your ex and didn't tell me," Daniella rambled, trying her best not to cry. "Then after we broke up you told the entire world that we are dating..."

"And not a day goes by when I don't regret any of that.." Max interrupted her, looking as guilty as ever.

"You should," Daniella snapped. "I should hate you for everything that you did..."

"I won't blame you if.."

"I slept with Carlos thinking that it will help me forget you," she confessed. "or how I feel about you...but instead it only made me feel like I was cheating on you with him.."

Max was overwhelmed by her words, his brain processing what she was saying. Even though he already knew about her and Carlos he was not expecting her to tell him like this, and certainly not with the additional information.

"What do you mean by how you feel about me?" Max asked as he came and stood in front of Daniella, only inches away from her.

"That night in Canada I was about to ask you if we can give our relationship another chance but you...you went and kissed someone else..." she continued, ignoring his question.

Every word of Daniella hit like a brick to Max.

"Daniella I am..."

"And now even after all this I can't stop thinking about you," she said as a single tear rolled down her eyes as she raised her voice. "I still can't stop loving you and it's all your fault."

"Don't blame it all on me," Max raised his voice as well, staring down at her, their eyes locked and calling out to each other. "Do you have any idea what you have done to me? I fell for you months ago. You have no idea what I have gone through. Do you know what it feels like when you find out that someone else kissed the love of your life?"

"Well, I have some idea.." Daniella snapped back. "You slept with your ex after all and didn't tell me."

"We were on a break," Max yelled. "And I know you are the type of person who doesn't tolerate any bullshit so I thought you were not coming back to me...I was heartbroken and devastated."