77

"I swear, if today turns into Spa 2021 2.0 I am going to lose it," Daniella said in a frustrated manner as she leaned against the wall and looked outside as the rain poured. The race has been delayed and if the weather doesn't get better then there is a good chance it will be canceled. All the drivers were just waiting for the rain to clear up

"Don't forget those free points from Spa last year helped you win the championship," Toto commented but his eyes were fixated on the screen in front of him.

"Yeah..." Daniella huffed as she crossed her arms and looked at her boss. "But the podium was...humiliating. You know how it feels to stand on a podium, receive the trophy and spray champagne without actually racing?"

"George was pretty proud of that podium," Toto replied as he took of his glasses and looked at the driver.

"Of course he was, it's George," Daniella rolled her eyes and once again started looking at the rain. "You hand him a lollipop after scoring a point and he will be proud of that too," she mumbled under her breath.

Toto chuckled as he got up from his seat and went to talk to Lewis, but stopped on his track as soon as he saw Collins, he immediately turned around and walked in the other direction. The younger Michaels have been constantly asking questions around the garage from the moment she arrived. Daniella asked her to just seat at the back of the garage and observe but of course, she is not going to obey.

"So are you racing or not?" Collins asked as she stood near her sister.

"If the rain stops," Daniella replied.

"Why can't you guys race while it's raining?"

"Because it's risky to race when it's raining," The older Michaels sighed.

"Why..."

"Accidents happen, and people get hurt," Daniella replied before dragging her sister to the back of the garage. "Now stay here."

Collins nodded and didn't argue.

Daniella was soon informed that the race is going to start soon so she quickly put on her helmet as her family wished her luck.

***

Daniella was not able to overtake Charles in the beginning and because of the wet track she had to be careful, even after changing her tyres. While Charles was six seconds ahead of her, Carlos was right behind, trying to put her under pressure, and Max was doing the same to the second Ferrari driver.

After a poor judgment and miscommunication both the Ferrari were called in for a double pit stop, giving Daniella the opportunity to take the lead. Of course, she was happy about it but anyone associated with Ferrari was disappointed and angry, especially Charles.

"Okay, so we will stick to plan A and then...yellow flag," Nate said to Daniella. "Yellow flag Dani. Mick crashed."

"Is he okay?" The concern was evident in Daniella's voice.

"Yeah, he seems to be fine," Nate replied, not telling her the full truth that the Haas was in two pieces.

The race was soon red-flagged after two laps of driving behind the safety car so that the barrier where Mick crashed can be repaired.

Like most of the drivers, Daniella got out of the car to go and talked to her team about strategy. She may have the lead but one wrong decision can cost them the win. She was walking past Charles who was looking furious, no doubt it was about the double pit stops. She can't help but feel bad for him, he was on pole and was leading but now because of his team's mistake he is now down to P4.