92

Daniella smiled at the fans, taking photos and signing autographs as she made her way through the paddock. The weather seemed clear so she was certain it was going to be a dry race, but she was determined to move up from P8 and score better points.

She slightly jumped as Max bumped into her while trying to walk past her. He didn't stop though since he knew it was Daniella. He just kept walking, not sparing her a glance but his heart aching for her. A part of him even hoped that she was going to call out his name and then scold him for bumping into her.

Unfortunately for him, Daniella knows him too well so she tried not to react at all. Instead, when he slowed down she hurried past him, bumping into him in the process, exposing her petty side, taking him by surprise.

"Hey Dani," Lando stopped her right in front of the McLaren hospitality.

"What do you want, Norris?" She sounded a little impatient.

"Me and Carlos are going for dinner tonight...and I was hoping you would join us," The McLaren driver asked, trying to keep his voice subtle.

Daniella raised her eyebrows after hearing Carlos' name, getting a hint of what Lando is up to.

"It's just... we haven't had dinner together for a while so I thought..."

"Actually, I have some other plans," Daniella gave him a polite smile. "A bunch of us are going to a club. Didn't Charles text you?"

Lando looked confused and immediately pulled out his phone and went through his texts.

"He.. He did text me last night," He mumbled, cursing him for not checking the text earlier and now his plan flopped.

"Oh well... you enjoy the dinner date with Carlos," Daniella sarcastically said and patted his shoulder before walking away.

Lando just stood there, not knowing what else to plan.

***

"I have been hit," Daniella informed her race engineer as she went slightly off track after the McLaren of Daniel Ricciardo hit the back of her car in turn one. Both the McLaren and the Mercedes dropped a few positions.

"You have got a puncture, Dani. Box now," Nate told her and Daniella made her way down to the pit lane. It was not the start she had hoped for.

She came out of the pit lane right in front of Charles which didn't help but instead put pressure on her. But she soon started overtaking and Charles was right behind her. Both the drivers' goal was to climb the grid as much as possible.

The Red Bull of Sergio was the first car out of the race because of engine issues, and then unfortunately it was the Haas of Mick and then Alpha Tauri of Yuki who hit the wall.

Daniella went for a pit stop under the yellow flag and came out. As soon as the safety car was gone she was once again under pressure from Charles while she was trying her best to overtake the Alpines.

Meanwhile, Max and Carlos were battling in the front, the Ferrari trying his best to take the lead from the Red Bull but not succeeding, and Lewis was comfortably driving in P3.

Charles was getting frustrated with the Mercedes ahead of him, defending him every time.

After a few laps, she managed to move past both the Alpines and reach P4 but lost the pace to get close to her teammate.

"Try your best to hold Leclerc," Nate said to her.

She didn't reply as Charles was soon behind her, once again trying to get close and overtake her. She realized she is not going to be on the podium today but there is no way she is giving up her current position.