Chapter 4

Mina gapes at him. Did he just call her 'servant?'

Chaeyoung had completely gotten rid of any pleasantries along with the honorifics with her name. The guy definitely had some nerve talking that way to a woman who had been nothing but kind to him.

Chaeyoung definitely hated this woman,it wasn't just the fact her personality clashed strongly against his. Her sense of justice against his evil. She was pure and he was tainted, she was beautiful and he was a beast.

It annoyed him greatly and it only wanted him to make her miserable for making him miserable but the child had to be taken care of.

Chaeyoung decided he would be working very hard to get rid of Fitzgerald and the girl within the week.

But something about her presence made him feel less empty?

Nonsense his life was perfect he had it all. Emptiness was the last thing he could feel. The closest to emptiness he had ever felt was when he came five times during one session. But it was this sensation that he felt tugging and tearing at his innards and it only intensified with this girl.

The silence was deafening, the only sound that occasionally broke the awkwardness was the sound of Logan's snoring as he sleep underneath the table.

Mina resisted the urge to pick up the dog and cuddle with it but she had a baby in her arms and she supposed now wouldn't be a good time.

"Fine" Mina's voice cut through, she had been waiting for him to say more but the guy was so short and to-the-point.

To Chaeyoung's reluctance she hands the slumbering child to him and he gazes down at Fergus blankly.

Mina watches the man awkwardly hold the baby, staring at it with lost brown eyes.

Mina concludes that Chaeyoung only strayed from the right path. Had he never been shown the right way to happiness? She thought.

Maybe Fitzgerald could still have a future here with his father. Just the thought of passing Fitzgerald around from person to person like a football made Mina feel guilty and she didn't want to promote Chaeyoung's irresponsibility either.

The young woman had already decided.

She was going to teach this man how to love.

-----

"Mr. Son we really need to go shopping" the young woman peeks around the corner of the kitchen doorway to pester Chaeyoung who had his back towards her as he silently sift through his refrigerator to scavenge for his dinner.

"Well Servant, do you know what time it is? You're a nuisance" Chaeyoung didn't bother lifting his head to look at her.

Mina taps her foot impatiently, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Do I have to remind you again?" she scolds in a soft voice "You have a baby! I don't care if you're in denial or not but you need to feed him! He hasn't eaten since I left the daycare!"

"I don't care give him some of your milk then" Chaeyoung deadpans still peering at the weird formation manifesting at the corner of the appliance. He supposed he should throw those month-old eggs out too.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung hears Mina's feet stomp against the hard pavement of the kitchen floor towards him but he made no move to regard her.

Ignoring her, Chaeyoung was about to reach for the spoiled eggs when a frail hand slaps him hard against the wrist, he froze.

Slowly, his hard angry eyes latches onto Mina's ones. Her face was red, flustered, and her breathing labored as she exhausted her adrenaline.

"I can't believe you just said that!" her cheeks became an even unhealthier shade of red "And don't eat those! You might get sick!"

Chaeyoung stands straight up, sighing in exasperation as he closes his eyes "I was just about to throw them out, servant."

"O-oh!" Mina steps back, realizing she had been overreacting. Although, she was still annoyed at his breast milk joke. It was a joke right?

"Well, I don't think we can feed Fitzgerald anything in there" she points at the strange probably spoiled food or fungus that filled the refrigerator, her nose wrinkling in disgust.

Chaeyoung opens his eyes and fixated his  gaze on Mina as he shove his hands back into his pockets.

"I said" he glower at her "why don't you give him your breast milk." It sounded more like a demand than a suggestion.

Mina audibly gasp, her eyes widening in disbelief. This man can't be serious.

She regain her composure and furrows her brows at him, her cheeks becoming rosy again.

"I..." she didn't know how she was going to say this without sounding so awkward "can't... breastfeed?"

Wouldn't this guy know? He sucks on women's breasts 24/7!.

She visibly shudders, confusing Chaeyoung even more but he continues to be mute and expressionless.

"My apologies" he turn on his heel and began to walk out of the kitchen

"You gave me the impression that you had children before due to your strange behaviors of wanting to take care of that baby but I should have expected that you can't breastfeed considering your size there's nothing in there even if I squeeze it." He scowls and stares at Mina's chest

"W-w-what?!" Mina shriek but Chaeyoung had already walked past the doorway out of her sight. Did he just call me flat chested?!

Mina was starting to feel regret overcome her facade of optimism but then suddenly, an image of Fitzgerald's gurgling and joyful face emerge from her dark thoughts.

She would do it for him, she was already certain of it.

Tucking a strand of her dark-brown locks behind her ear, she stands straight with poise and confidence. She believes that she could prevail. Surely this Chaeyoung guy just has to open up to me

For a fleeting moment, she wonders how her ex-fiancé would react if he saw her with Fitzgerald in her arms and Chaeyoung by her side.

Her face felt hot with a mixture of excitement and anxiety. Would he be jealous? Maybe he'd want her back? At least regret he left her?

Mina knew she was playing dirty but either way, she needed something to distract herself from wallowing in self-pity and depression after the break up.

"Hurry up servant, Are you coming or not?"

Mina snaps her head towards the direction of the voice, seeing Chaeyoung leaning against the doorway, keys dangling in his hand.

"My name is Mina!"

----

Sorry for any errors