𝐨𝐧𝐞.

"ᴡʜʏ. ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ. ʏᴏᴜ. ꜱᴍɪʟɪɴɢ?" - ᴊʜᴇɴᴇ ᴀɪᴋᴏ ღ

𝐍𝐈'𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟖𝐓𝐇, 𝟔 :𝟐𝟖𝐏𝐌𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋, 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐌

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟖𝐓𝐇, 𝟔 :𝟐𝟖𝐏𝐌
𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋, 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐌

❀ ɴɪ'ᴍᴀʀɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀᴡᴏᴋᴇɴ from her deep slumber, as the scintillating sun kissed her softly on the tip of her nose. The young girl yawned heavily, and rubbed her eyes gently, looking over to her mom as their eyes met. 

"Finally, you're up." Her mom said, with a bright smile plastered across her face. "We're almost there, okay?" 

Ni'mari smiled and nodded, as she was barely able to speak. She turned around, scanning the backseat, searching for the bottle of water that she had purchased earlier, before reaching over and taking a long sip. She cleared her throat and rested back into her seat. 

Still half asleep, Mari looked down at her freshly tanned skin as she adjusted her waist beads and smiled, thinking back on all the new memories she had made this summer. She had spent the majority of her summer in the Dominican Republic, visiting family and connecting more with her background. Now with less than a week left of summer, she was returning to her home. Sugar Hill, New York.

The tiredness began to leave Ni's eyes as she realized her mom was pulling up into their street.

"Mom, can you drop me off at Sky's house first?" She asked politely.

"What do you mean? You gotta unpack your stuff first." 

"Yeah, I know. But I promised her that I'll come and see her as soon as I get back to New York." Ni said, looking at her mom.

Her mom sighed and looked over to her. "Fine, but only 30 minutes and then you're gonna come straight home, okay?" 

"Yayyy, thanks, Mom." She replied and smiled, as her mom drove past their house, further down the street.

Cianna Sky was Mari's closest friend. They had been friends for as long as they both can remember. They argue and fight like sisters, and she always gets on Ni's nerves, but Ni'mari will always have love for her.

------------------〄------------------

𝐍𝐈'𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝟕:𝟎𝟓𝐏𝐌, 𝐒𝐊𝐘'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄

"Bro, you look so good. I needa get my ass to DR, like now." Sky said, smiling as she hugged Ni for the thousandth time. "I've missed you so much, but I'm still mad at you for leaving me all summer."

"Bro, I've only been gone for like a month and a half, we was together for a lil bit." Ni said, laughing.

"Not long enough. Oh my God, I gotta tell you everything you missed that I couldn't tell you over the phone." She said, sitting down on her bed and dragging Ni down with her.