Chapter Ten: Friendly Fighting

Start from the beginning

"Kusuo! Why are you home so late?!" His mother quickly ran up to him.

"I was with a new friend."

"For 5 hours!?" Saiki smiled a bit and nodded. "You had me worried to death, Kusuo!" His mother let out a sigh and hugged her son, still mumbling about his lateness.

"I'm sorry." He hugged his mother back, still smiling as he thought of you.

"So!" His mother's previous worry faded away quickly. "Who's this new friend of yours?"

"Her name is Y/N L/N."

"Her?!" His mother gasped. "I never thought I'd see the day! The day in which my little boy has grown up! Kusuo is no longer my baby boy but now the man of the house!" His mother's loud exaggerations caught wind of his father.

"Kusuo has a girlfriend!?" He quickly rushed over to them.

"N-no! It's nothing like that!" Saiki felt a small grin form on his face as he helplessly stuttered.

"Oh!" His father winked suggestively "So a crush!" Both parents were fangirling over Saiki's potential crush, much to his dismay.

***

As Saiki laid in his bed, his mind began to wonder about you and that stupid coffee jelly. How did it make him feel that way and better yet, why did he react the way he did?

"I'll ask Aiura about it tomorrow. She may have the answers to my questions..."

***

"Y/N." Someone called out to you as you shoved your toothbrush into your mouth. "Hurry up."

"The door's unlocked, Saiki!" You called out to him. The sound of creaking wood and footsteps answered you back.

"Why is your door unlocked? That's dangerous." He came around the corner and peeked his head through the bathroom door.

"Eh, I never really lock it. It doesn't matter anyway." You calmly dismissed him as you spat out the toothpaste.

"Are you almost ready?" Saiki tilted his head, leaning on the doorframe.

"Mhm..." You pushed him out of the way playfully and picked up your backpack. Saiki smirked and followed you out your apartment door, holding onto the strap of your backpack.

When you began walking, Saiki trailed behind you, tightly holding the strap as to not lose you in the sea of people. Like normal, your mind began to wonder, dozing off while you were walking.

Saiki lightly guided you through the people, trying his best to avoid people. You thought nothing of it until you accidently crashed into a man.

His briefcase fell onto the ground, spilling offical looking papers everywhere while he frantically screeched, grabbing onto your arm.

"Pick this up, now!" He yelled, forcing you onto the ground. You were suddenly snapped out of your trance and fell to your knees, one getting cut open on the uneven concrete.

Frantically, you picked up the papers, half hazardly shoving them into the briefcase. You felt Saiki's grasp on your backpack losen as the man infront of you dissapeared. People's shoes passed your vision as no one stopped despite to missing man.

Suddenly, Saiki's hand wrapped around your arm lightly.

"Come on, we're going to be late." He said softly, tugging you off the ground.

"Where did that guy go-"

"Don't worry about him."

You were pulled to your feet and met with a jarring pain in your right knee. Blood trinckled down from it making you slightly limp.

"Aw, fucking hell..." You mumbled, wiping some of the blood off with your hand.

"Are you okay?" Saiki asked, sounding as if he were a concered mother.

"Yeah, lets just go." Grumbling as you were dragged along by Saiki.

"I can carry you if you'd like." He offered, noticing your discomfort.

You laughed, thinking this was his weird attempt as a joke but you stopped when you were lifted above his head and place on his shoulder.

"Uhm, Saiki?" You awkardly chuckled. "I can still walk-"

He quickly cut you off.

"The school building isn't that far away. Just let me carry you there."