Rosh put it under his pillow and got ready to have a short nap. Just as he closed his eyes, he remembered something. Right, that.

'Amros.'

''Yes, Master?''

'Do something to a person for me.'

''Who are you referring to, Master?''

'Vincent Elbeck.' Rosh said.

He is currently training to become the crown prince's aid, just like his father to the current king. Rosh scoffed sarcastically as he thought of the petty brat.

Vincent was the one who shortened his remaining time to live in his past life. If it weren't for him, Rosh would've had more time to think of an escape plan. This might also sound petty since what happened in the past was out of Rosh's expectations, but humans could hold grudges right? And Rosh is someone who holds a grudge even after death.

''What should I do to him, Master? Kill him? Torture?'' Amros hummed as if thinking. ''Should I submerge him in water a few times before I shove some shit into his throat?''

'That isn't needed, he's innocent, at least for now. But, I can't let him have it easy, no matter how petty my reason is.'

Rosh sneered. There's no way he would let anyone go. The imperial family, his own family, even those civilians who spit on him, he would kill all of them even if it's the last thing he does.

'Scare him a bit.'

''My, my. Another plaything~ Your wish is my command, Master.''

Rosh leaned back with his arms crossed behind his head. Now, the major perpitators are taken care of. The Pause will subside the moment the Aphens are discovered for illegal acts.

Without Josh's heroic actions, Rosh is sure this is another factor for a change.

Currently, and will be in the future, everything is in his advantage. Josh is too innocent, the prince is cunning yet powerless, and Selena could rot at the side for all he cares.

With Hyacinth's cooperation, even if he had to follow her conditions, it's easy to say that his future will be flawless.

Playing with his hair, he thought of the raven haired, cerulean eyed girl he met a few hours ago.

Anya is very sensitive to spikes of mana and she seemed to be in a constant state of pain, that must be why everyone is very protective of her, though Rosh assumed Hyacinth isn't aware of some of her episodes.

Hyacinth is also very closed when it comes to Anya, Rosh could guess it had something to do with one of their conditions in the contract.

Rosh smiled playfully. He is pretty sure there is something about her, something even Amros is wary of, something he wanted.

''Now, how could I rip open that secret of yours, Anya?''

-

A few days later...

Walking towards the library, Rosh read a book, indifferent to his surroundings. Yves and 'Hugo' followed behind him.

Arriving at their destination, Rosh told Yves to go back and Hugo to stay. Despite the undercover knight's disagreement and hesitation, she couldn't do anything but follow. After Yves left, Rosh went to where his tutor is while Hugo stood near the door, unmoving.

On the sofa, Diego slept peacefully, his arm covering his eyes while his other hand was left hanging on the edge. His legs were crossed as it rested on the arm of the sofa.

Rosh closed the book and put it on the table as he looked at the sleeping man.

''Of all times.''

He lifted his hand and activated the restraint he put on Diego, immediately waking the man in torture.

''Gahh! Ack-arghh! S-sto-!''

Rosh snapped his fingers and the man flopped on the floor, breathing heavily at the midst of his coughs. Diego held his chest tightly, eyes shut from nausea, as his sweat trickled down his temples.

''Are you awake now?''

Diego shot him a vicious look. He was the one who almost killed him to wake him up! Taking a deep breath, Diego forced his anger away and shaked his head.

''Wide awake.''

''Perfect. Start the lecture, teacher.'' Rosh said and sat down on the chair.

Diego bit the inside of his cheek, he couldn't believe he acted like an informant to this boy.

The 'lecture' Rosh meant wasn't education lesson, but an insider's intel. Not only did Diego become his slave, but also a source that gives him information with his connections.

''There is a rumor going around about the Aphens.'' Diego began.

Rosh gave a deadpanned look. The Aphens, what a great topic to start a conversation, he thought in sarcasm. He told the man to continue.

''This suspicion is strictly from the theories of the royal court, and only a fixed number of people knows of this. Including me.'' He said.

''Take away the useless ones, teacher. Get straight to the point.'' Rosh complained impatiently. He wanted to know the important stuff.

Diego rolled his eyes before he continued.

''Since the Aphens are having financial problems because of the Pause, it was said that they are associating themselves with illegal, underground dealings as a substitute until the business economy returns to normal.''

Rosh hummed. 'That's just about right. Finally, something that actually aligns with the past...future..nevermind.'

All of these were part of his expectations. He could already guess what Diego's going to say next.

'They are to plan an investigation to the household...'

''The court is planning to investigate the Aphens..''

'..and confirm the jury's suspicions of their malfeasance..'

''And verify the court's theory of their malversations.''

'..by the strict laws of noble rights and acts decreed by Ainchleim's founder..'

''Given the ancestral decrees of the first king for nobility..''

Rosh looked at Diego in the eye as they spoke unison.

''The authentication of their innocence will provide the final conviction after the formal adjudication.''

***