Chapter Twenty: The Perfect Weapon

Start from the beginning

"They were asked, they decided to give it their shot rather than spend the rest of their lives rotting in a cell for the crimes they committed."

Fang leaned against the balcony and smirked as one of them lunged for her.

His eyes glinted in pride and awe, "And dead prisoners are highly disposable."

Scylla's eyes flashed yellow and what ensued after were screams of terror and pain as Fang and Zhao's faces illuminated the orange glow of her flames below.

Zhao felt a rush of excitement and adrenaline just watching her.

"You have truly created the ultimate weapon for the Fire Lord." He said over the sounds of brutality below them.

"A true Dragoness." Fang praised.

She finally reached the last prisoner who was cowering away in fear. "Please. Please. Spare me. I know what you are, I've heard the stories aren't you supposed to be some pacifist spirit please you don't have to-" The prisoners begging was cut off by a massive wave of fire that silenced him, reducing him to a pile of rubble and ash.

Fang cackled maniacally. "She's finally ready to take her place by the Fire Lord."

Later that evening she was standing by the same balcony Fang and Zhao were, staring down at the clearing as servants cleaned it up; picking up remnants of the prisoners. Her (E/C) eyes were empty and indifferent.

Her hair was braided up into a bun, with two bangs falling against her cheeks. She wore a blood red dress with long sleeves that sharpened by her wrist with a high mid-thigh cut on the left side that revealed black knee length boots. The waist of her dress that clung to her hips was gilded with golden embroidery.

Fang walked up behind her.

"You don't seem to be in a good mood." He offered her a glass of wine.

She took it and stared into the cup. The content was dark red. She tilted it and watched the red liquid swirl inside the cup.

"I am. I'm going home to the Fire Nation." She looked up from her glass and her cold eyes met his, "Why wouldn't I be in a good mood?"

For some reason unbeknownst to him, Fang's thoughts flitted to that day on the ship on their way here seven years ago. There was so much defiance and fire in her eyes; now it was empty, like a snuffed out hearth long neglected and cold and empty.

The first few years were the hardest. She didn't break at all; her willpower seemed like a burning inferno. Fang was afraid he wouldn't be able to accomplish the task at hand. Her dragon had to be contained, not hurt at all of course; but he had to be away from her because he'd attack anyone that came near her. But as time passed and her punishments became more and more severe that intense fire in her eyes dwindled down and like a phoenix from the ashes; Scylla was born.

The sound of her placing the empty glass against the railing of the balcony snapped him from his train of thoughts; from his bittersweet memories.

"I have to go see Hisashi." She said, bowing as she turned to leave.

"What for?" Fang asked.

She shrugged, "To tell him the good news I suppose."

Hisashi was kept at the far end of the island, in an underground bunker that led to a series of massive underground caves. He was fed three times a day and the bunker and caves were large enough for him to fly as much as he wanted.

The guards bowed lower than necessary upon seeing her, yelling orders to open the bunker before she even got close enough so she wouldn't have to wait at all for the iron doors to open. Four fire benders stood and blasted streaks of fire into the door; it rumbled as the heavy door opened.

She walked in.

It was dark. She thrusts her hands out and sends two balls of fire that reached the very edge of the passageway, lighting up all the torches on either sides of hallway. The walls and roof were made of iron.

She walked to the end and bended four balls of fire, striking all four openings simultaneously. It cackled and grumbled, the mechanism clinking as it unhinged.

Stepping inside, the first thing that comes hurling her way is a burst of fire. She rolls her eyes and lightly whirls her hand around, deflecting it as the rest of the flames bursts out into the open door.

"Must you always try to burn everyone that opens that door?"

A rumbling growl resounded, imitating what sounded like playful laughter from the dragon.

"I like to watch them scurry every time; pretty much the only form of entertainment here, apart from the bats; those guys are hilarious."

Hisashi stepped into the light, so large she had to crane her neck to look up at him. His white scales blended into the bright red spikes on his back leading to his tail. She always thought he was pure white but as he grew larger the scales on his back grew sharper and morphed into a bright glowing red.

"Scylla." He noted in a low husky voice, with a hint of disappointment. She ignored it.

"We're going home."

The dragon huffed and turned to face away from her, his large tail to her.

There was silence for a while, then she finally said, "We leave by day break."

Hisashi said nothing as Scylla turned and left. He could tell  the difference between the two now; it was as clear as a mismatched pair of socks. When it was Scylla who visited him there was almost no light in her eyes, and her energy was different; not bad nor good it was just nothing. But when it was (Y/N) she was like an explosion of color and noise. Only he couldn't remember the last time it was (Y/N).

________

A/N:

Before you freak out about the dead prisoners they're all from the Fire Nation and they're life imprisoned for stuff like rape, murder, serial killing, pedophilia. Eat my ass if you think pedophiles and murderers deserve to live.