one

February 2020

February 2020

"Detective Baptise"

Nyla looked up at her partner Matt who had a serious look on his face.

Matt was about 6'2 he was a big guy look like he can be someone bodyguard. He has light green eyes and warm tan skin.

"We have another case near downtown" he spoke with a lazy tone.

"Okay" I replied getting up and fixing the case files on my desk tying to make sure everything was neat.

"Is everything alright Matt" I asked trying to catch up with his fast pace.

" Yeah just ready to go home to my wife and kids" he replied with a sigh

"Can you slow down..damn" I laughed .

"I sometimes forget how short you are" he. playful pushed me causing me to almost fall .

Matt was like a big brother to me. I have no siblings so I'm excited that a have someone to call my brother.

"Now you know you too damn big to be pushing me"

"Can we get this tapped off" I politely asked the female officer because once the body was discovered this should have already been done .

As I walk over to the other detectives I see a women in the dumpster with a blanket covering her body .

Smells like she been here for some time.

"Do we have any identification" I asked Detective Day trying to get a better look at the women. She was bound and gagged.

"No not yet...whoever did this cut off her finger tips and pulled her teeth out" she respond with a hurt look in her eyes.

"Did anyone come forward about who they think this is" I responded with a sigh.

If we can't identify who this person is we don't have nothing about this case.

"Yes..It's a family over there who think this could be they mother" she pointed behind the yellow tape at a family who was holding on to each other crying.

I walked over there already prepare myself that i might have to tell them that this is they loved one .

Matt pulled the body out of the dumpster to find out that she was beaten and she was stripped naked .

He was trying to find anything that can identify this women.

Matt called the Forensic pathologists to examine the body.

As she rolled her over on her back they see a tattoo on her back that says "Crybaby"

Now Matt has something.

As I was trying to calm down the family I hear someone walking towards my way.

"I found a tattoo on her bck that says "Crybaby" he tells me in my ear .

I nod my head as my way of saying thank you.

Matt walks back over towards the scene trying to find more evidence.

"Does your mother has any distinctive marks on her body" I asked what looks like the older daughter who is holding a sleeping baby.

"I-umm i dont t-think so" he replied trying to talk through her tears as they continue to fall .

"My momma has a tattoo" the younger son responded as he clears his throat as he tried to hold his tears.

"Do you know where sweetie" I spoke in soft voice.

"Y-yeah umm on her back" he looks down at the ground as he talk.

Something told me this was going to be there mother and I was going to have to tell them that's her.

"What does it say"

"Crybaby" he whispered