"It's mandatory."

Upon hearing the word 'chocolate', Madam Pomfrey stopped folding sheets on the other side of the room. "I hope you're not planning on giving him chocolate for breakfast, Lewis," she scolded. "The last thing he needs is to be packed with sugar right now."

"I wouldn't dream of if, Poppy," Genevieve said innocently, batting her eyes. "You've got nothing to worry about here. All's good and well, solemnly swear it."

Pomfrey was in no way convinced, but she turned around and went back to begrudgingly folding the sheets anyway.

"Now I bet you're wondering - where on earth are our stupid friends? Well that's a good question, dear Remus. To answer your question, they're currently getting told off by McGonagall for putting Dungbombs in all the boys toilets."

"Didn't you do that?"

"Absolutely," Genevieve smiled proudly. "but they took the blame so I could bring you breakfast. We couldn't let you be spoon fed gruel by Poppy, we have too much love for you to put you through that. What d'ya fancy? Pancakes? Buttered croissants? I've got it all."

"I can see that," Remus laughed. It hurt his chest, but he didn't care. "How about... buttered toast and coffee?"

"Starting off slowly, good idea," Genevieve nodded, setting to work. "Just so you know, this goes both ways. When I'm unwell, you have to do this for me too."

"You're never unwell," said Remus, drinking his hot coffee. "I'm jealous of you for that."

"You're jealous of my immune system and not my beautiful face?"

"That too," he said fondly. "You do have a very nice face."

Genevieve kissed him on the forehead. "Behave yourself," she said, rolling her eyes at his lopsided smile.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The shrieking shack was falling apart. While walking up the creaky stairs, Peter had stood on a rotten floorboard and if it wasn't for James quickly catching him then he would have gone straight through it. Every now and then small parts of the roof would crumble onto one of their heads and leave their skulls numb. Autumn wind that had managed to enter the house through the deteriorating walls made them shiver under moth-eaten blankets and cling onto each other.

In the corner sat a wardrobe that Sirius had been scowling at for the past five minutes. It's door was hanging on by its hinges and squeaked every time a draft moved it. "Can you please tell your wolf self to be a little more considerate about antique furniture?" he said to Remus, annoyed. "It's common curtesy."

Remus looked up from where he was clutching his head, annoyance in his brown eyes. "Can we not do this right now?" he said from his corner.

"Oh, right," Sirius nodded. He bit in his fingernail for a good moment, trying to stay quiet, but then a part of the roof dropped off and he exploded. "It would just be a bit nice if the other you could contain himself from tearing everything apart."

Remus looked at him blankly. This had been Sirius's only talking point since Peter went through the floorboards. "I'll let him know," he replied, unsmiling.

"Good. It's just a bit disrespectful of him to create such a wreckage of what could be a nice place." Ironically, Sirius was being serious.