The Kingdom of Riem in the shadows

Capital Hilkiga, Kingdom of Riem, Third Civilization Area

Feldas, Chief of the Foreign Diplomatic Measures Department's Maritime Nations Division, was preoccupied with his thoughts. They have just been ordered by the King to expel Mu diplomats and freeze the assets of German businesses and citizens. They were to implement these measures soon but the expulsion of German citizens in the kingdom was postponed for later. In the letter issued by the King, they were told to absolutely convey the thought that they bear no hostile will against Germany.

However, from whatever angle anyone approaches this, it is clear that what they're doing conveys hostile intentions. Still, they were ordered to say otherwise. The German ambassador was scheduled to come and likely discuss this matter.

"Hm. Whatever. We won't be attacking their country in any form whatsoever."

Feldas, who has been in deep shit before, was brimming in confidence.

Knock knock

Someone was knocking on the door.

"Chief Feldas, the German ambassador has come to see you."

"So they have..."

Bracing himself, he headed for the reception room.

Later

German ambassador Mitt waited in the reception room and drummed with anger. From the moment he entered the room, he felt tense and furious. Since Germany is considered a major power, it would be division chief Feldas and his subordinates who will be taking point for the side of the Kingdom of Riem. Their talks started with the topic of economic measures towards German.

"Regarding the freezing of Germany assets, what do you intend to convey with such action? The Government of German condones your country's behavior. We order you to promptly lift these measures."

Fielding a terrifyingly menacing look, Mitt requested the rollback of Riem's measures from Feldas. His large build added to his sense of intimidation, enough to convey his vigor.

"This is for the Kingdom to decide. It is too late to overturn."

Feldas asserts.

German businesses have moved to all sorts of countries and the Kingdom of Riem was no exception. With many businesses having found their footing in the kingdom, they were boosting both the Kingdom's and Germany's economy. If their assets were to be frozen, the economic damage would amount to at least 10 billions $, making life for the individual Germany citizen in Riem far more unbearable.And for Germany to still be looked down upon, it pissed the Kaiser Off.

"That is undoubtedly regrettable. When you do get to the point that you freeze our assets, Germany Has taken retaliatory measures, such as an export ban and the freezing of your assets. I am Ordering that you immediately lift these measures."

Silence.

"There is... no other way." Feldas said

''Then you have taken a aggressive stance against Germany? Do you intent to attack our allies next?'' Mitt said while staring into the soul of Feldas

"How scandalous. We are not taking hostile measures against you. It is simply our opposing economic opinions. It doesn't mean that we have taken up arms against you."

"Then I will ask. Your country has given the port of Xenia to the Greater Gra Valkas Empire and has also severed diplomatic relations with Mu. If other countries were to see this, how many of them do you think would think that your country bears no hostile intention? Every single one of them would come to the conclusion that you are taking a hostile stance.You have decided, under the delusion that they will keep their word, you are insane"