𝐄.#𝟐 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐭

January 1964

How he managed to convince everyone to let them outside the White House for their honeymoon, Alice had no idea. Jack was in confinement, and they had wanted to keep him that way for a while, at least until gaining some separation from that still too recent assassination attempt date.

But he managed it, which on the downside meant leaving Lyndon in charge.

They would have the honeymoon they deserved. Still a secret destination to Alice, the new First Lady kept asking all around the White House for someone to please tell her where it was. They either didn't know or had been sworn into unconditional silence. Not even Vicent, who'd apparently moved to the White House with her, would share his knowledge.

A farewell crowd had gathered at Andrews Air Force Base. It was the first time since the wedding that Alice would get the chance to salute and be waved back at by the citizens. The secret service no longer allowed to shake hands or even get close to them, which saddened her, but there was hope that they would someday reinstate it. Jack also never liked to be seen as unapproachable.

Yet, it was election year, so tensions were as high as the flag on the Fourth of July. The motorcade from the White House to the Base was done in the flash of lightning.

The salute was quickly effectuated from the top of the stairwell to the Air Force One's entrance.

"Enjoy your honeymoon Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy!" An enthusiastic lady exclaimed.

The wounded flesh on Alice's arm had begun scarring, and she was beaming. Not because of her healing shoulder, but because under that thick woollen suit, her tummy was growing a small mound. She'd pointed it out to Jack that same morning.

"Look! It's starting! I'm getting fat!" Alice said when she walked out of the shower, only wearing underwear and pointing at the mound in question.

"Not fat," Jack wearily responded, he knew he needed to be carefully with what he said of her.

Her tongue clicked. "You know what I mean." Alice looked down again. "It's fascinating."

"It's good to see you get happy about that, not many women do." And he was happy in turn. It would have been awful to see her miserable about a natural thing that some others tended to loathe. Jack knew he would absolutely love the way she would look three, six, and eight months from then. Alice would always look beautiful. "Then again, you are not just any woman, are you?"

Jack pulled her against his body. She felt a rising heat coming from it.

Alice smiled sideways.

"Save it for later, babe."

The best they could do was expect the people to believe that baby Kennedy had been conceived during their wedding night. Because the honeymoon would be pushing it too far. If the baby came out fully grown while supposedly being premature, it would crumble their facade. But all of that was out of their hands, and Jack and Alice were determined to enjoy their blossoming marriage without worrying their minds with those burdens.

The plane lifted from the ground and while they were restricted to the seats, Alice noticed the plane was heading East.

"We're crossing the Atlantic?" She asked Jack.