The both Mclaren drivers got the anthem and Leah stood by her father. Lewis could see the red around his daughter's eyes.

"You really shouldn't be racing" Lewis told her. "The doctors have cleared me, I can't do anything about it" Leah replied.

"It's a hard day for you as it is Le, you being ill and reading through all the comments" Lewis said. "How do you know I've been rea—-" Leah started.

"—I know you Le, you do it all the time and you need to stop reading and just ignore them" Lewis said softly and kissed her forehead.

Leah leaned her head on his shoulder. After the anthem was done, Lewis pulled Leah into tight a hug before they started making their way to the garage.

"Dad, I can't do this today—I've got a bad feeling something is going to happen—I can't do it" Leah mumbled.

"Le, calm down. You are going to have a panic attack otherwise. You can do this, but we both know you really shouldn't be racing in the first place" Lewis said as he had kneeled down by Leah.

"Awh sweetheart, what's wrong?" SUSIE WOLFF asked as she saw the father and daughter duo.

Leah shook her head and buried her head in her hands once again. "Le, you really can't race like this" Susie said softly.

"I'm going to go talk with Mclaren now, I'm not letting her race" Lewis said. "You go do that, I'll take Le to the garage" Susie replied.

Lewis kissed Leah's forehead while he went to the Mclaren garage. "Let's get you to the garage, yeah?" Susie said as she pulled Leah to her feet.

Toto and George had worried faces on when they saw the young Hamilton walk into the garage. "What's wrong?" Toto asked.

"She's just can't race like this, she is worrying and has a lot on her mind" Susie said as Leah looked to the ground once again.

George pulled the girl into a tight hug. "Just one of those days, eh?" He whispered as Leah nodded and went back into Susie's arms.

"Mclaren didn't want her to race today either" Lewis said as he walked into the garage. "Have they announced it now?" Toto asked.

"Sky Sports have, seems like some people are happy and hope I don't race ever again" Leah said as she ran to Lewis's drivers room.

Lewis sighed and looked down as Leah ran away. "I'll go and talk to her, you lot have a race to concentrate on" Susie said.

( twitter ! )

Sky Sports F1 | @SkySportsF1 10m
Mclaren have announced only 5 minutes before lights out that Leah Hamilton won't be participating in the race. We don't know the reason, but this whole weekend everyone has seen that Leah hasn't been herself.

4.5k retweets | 32.8k likes | 5.3k replies
show replies

username | @username 5m
Hope Le okay!! This isn't like her :(
|
|
username | @username 4m
This is why women don't belong in motorsport!
|
|
username | @username • 3m
Shut the hell up! It's the anniversary of her mother passing away, have some respect of that!
show replies

username | @username 2m
Don't let her race again!
|
|
username | @username 1m
Agree! Women don't belong in this sport!!
show replies