Angst - Kas the Vampire Pt. 1

Background: picking up from where vol 2 left. Steve thinks he is straight (not for long) but Eddie had the biggest crush on Steve.(based off the Kas theory, which is not my original idea I'm just researching different things and making my own story)

Eddie/Kas POV

As I wearily woke up, my senses were still mostly nonoperational. My eyes readjusted to the dark light and I noticed that I was alone. 'This how the freak should have died, alone,' I thought as most of my memories seemed distant and unattainable.

Looking around again as I felt that my brain could now process information, I realised that I was still in the Upside Down. I was in fact not dead. In that moment I might have wished I was dead due to the pain coursing through my body. I also realised my vision had changed, I never needed glasses, but my vision was never this good. It was like I could sense movement and life.

I sat up after a few moments of lying motionless, I needed to figure out what had happened to me. My memory was still foggy but I could vaguely remember what happened. I was working with Steve and the others to stop... Uh Vecna then I got attacked by bats because I made the choice to fight them off alone. That choice may seem idiotic now but I was still proud of myself. I died with Dustin Henderson next to me. Except I'm not dead, I'm trapped, alone.

Due to the light headedness I fainted soon after remembering my story, once I was back into a coma I got picked up and carried away.

Steve POV

It was a Sunday morning. I was supposed to meet with the kids and Robin, Nancy and Jonathan to hang out and possibly try to discuss things, but I could barely open my eyes. Opening my eyes meant coming back to the realisation that he was gone, and I barely knew him. He was truely gone now so I never could know him.

I still got to hear about him from Dustin, different quirks and stories I didn't know about, but it never filled the pain in my chest. He, nor the others, knew how close I was to Eddie, apart from Robin. Although I hadn't known him for long, I felt a connection to the boy, one that I would never get to understand.

Another reason to not go see the group was because I hadn't slept, well I may have slept but not well. I had been continuously having nightmares again ever since the first time I went to the Upside Down.
These ones were different, I would be back in the Upside Down as usual, but I would see Eddie in the distance, gently staring at me, he looked different but I couldn't distinguish his features. I would wake up in a cold sweat calling out to him, screaming 'Eddie, Eddie come back. I need you.' Only to realise he was not there. He was just trapped in my dreams.

After my brain had decided to fully wake up and start stressing about past events, I got up and got dressed properly for the first time in a couple of days. I barely payed effort to my hair, something that I would obsessively fix, but now couldn't care less about. I put on shoes and left my empty house with out breakfast to drive over to the Wheeler house.

The drive cleared my head, I left my street and was now on the empty road next to the forest. The radio was blasting to try block out my thoughts.

The radio flicked over and started playing Master of Puppets. Immediately my mind went to Eddie. I couldn't stop it or block out the thoughts anymore, all I could think off was Eddie as I drove down the rode gripping onto the steering wheel tighter.

I whipped the tears away so I could see the road. Suddenly, I lost control of the car leading it to spin off into the dirt. Slamming the breaks, the car stopped before hitting a tree and causing further damage.

'It was him. It was definitely him.'

I had saw Eddie Munson emerge from the forest and walk in front of my car. It wasn't the same Eddie Munson I knew. He had a sword with him, it was slung around his shoulder. His eyes were dark and slightly glowing, they look as inviting as they did before though. He wore his same outfit only more ripped that previously which gave me an opportunity for a glance at his slightly defined abs.