Fluff - Camp Councilours Pt.1

Background: Eddie graduated and he and Steve started becoming closer friends. Robin and Steve decided to work at camp because they were once again fired, but Robin didn't tell Steve that Eddie was also going. (Will Mike and Dustin are also gonna be there)

Steve's POV

Robin was at my house helping me to pack. I don't have much camping attire, but I was told we will at least have nice cabins and showers.

For the past five minutes Robin was rambling about the one conversation she had with Vickie. Apparently Vickie was also going to work at the camp this summer and Robin had asked her if they could share a room and sit next to each other on the bus. Which is great for Robin but now I wouldn't be able to sit next to her.

"Yeah. And then when I finally asked her, oh my god I was shaking so much, I asked her the question like, all of the questions, and she laughed and smiled and said 'of course,' not yes, or sure, but of course."

"That's great Robin. I guess you two are gonna have fun in that cabin," I said, wriggling my eyebrows.

"Not like that. No. I don't even know if she likes girls, but it's been like months since her boyfriend broke up with her, so that's good."

"Okay, that's all my clothes, toiletries and snacks," I say, changing the subject and closing my bag.

"You do know that they provide food, right?"

"Yeah, but the food always tastes like shit and I don't know who's going to share a cabin with me so if I have snacks then we can be friends. Food equals friends," I said matter of factly.

I carried my bags down to the car and sat them in the boot next to Robin's. We were both going in my car because no one at my house would care that I took the car, not that there is anyone in my house and because I can drive better than Robin. She has gotten into too many accidents.

We both got in the car, singing to whatever songs the radio played together as we drove down to the bus stop. Robin had her feet resting on the dash, even though I said that she isn't allowed to. She finished her makeup in the rearview mirror, I was used to her being distracting to drive with, so I didn't mind. I started thinking about what would happen in camp, who would I have to share a cabin with? Will they like me? They probably won't be from Hawkins, it's too small here for that much of a coincidence. How many kids will be there? Probably a lot. At least Dustin will be there. Aswell as Mike and Will but I'm not too close with them, Mike is Eddie's kid and Will moved away. Eddie usually co-parent them though. He's surprisingly good with children, I mean Dustin loves him, and since he graduated with Robin I get to hang out with him lots. We've actually become good friends.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw there were 2 buses parked in front of me. I pulled into a spare parking spot and Robin got out grabbing her bag from the back. I got my bag and followed her towards the bus that had a sign saying 'COUNCILLORS' on it. Robin ran off as soon as she saw Vickie, leaving me standing awkward in front of the bus. I looked around and I recognised most of the older teens and adults that were in this area. Everyone else was chatting or running around, it seemed surprisingly energetic for 8 am on the first day of holidays.

Suddenly, I got shocked, almost falling over. This was soon followed by the person behind me screaming "Morning, Harrington."

"Eddie? What are you doing here? Come to say goodbye to me, huh. Didn't realise you would miss me this much," I say jokingly. I turn around and see Eddie holding a big, black duffel bag with a big grin plastered on his face. He also had dark rings under his eyes. He probably wasn't used to waking up this early.

"Nope. Don't flatter yourself Stevie. I am coming too, you've seen me, I'm great with kids," he said, punching me in the arm. "Actually I don't know anyone else here wants to sit on the bus with me? I presume Robin is off with Vickie like she told me."