Chapter Eight: The Imperfect Date

Star nervously twirled a strand of her hair as she stood outside Marco's House, waiting for him to answer the door. It had been several months since the magical merging of Mewni and Echo Creek, an event that brought about countless changes in their lives. Star and Marco had finally confessed their feelings for each other and decided to embark on a romantic date to celebrate their newfound relationship. Surprisingly in that time in between, they were never able to have a proper date between the two of them, with all the work into making this new world a safe haven for Monsters, Mewmans and Humans, Star and Marco were so focused on this, they couldn't make time for one another. But now today, they could finally spend quality time with each other.

Meanwhile Marco was getting ready for their date, when his wound acted up, Oh come on, not now, of all days, why now, he mumbled to himself, he took some medication and wrapped some band aids around his chest, hoping to conceal to wound, hoping it would ease the pain, and it did, but knowing its magic related, he knew that real world solutions wouldn't work, but he couldn't tell anyone else, the only person that knew was Tom, but he was busy with other things, so he couldn't call him, so Marco carried some medication, in the untimely case that it acts up again, but as he got the meds, he notices his right arm was off, it looked purple, he lifts up the sleeve, and to his horror, his whole right arm was a light purple with what seems to be suction cups.

Upon further inspection, Marco realised that this wasn't part of the wound, he hoped that what it said wouldn't turn out to be true, but it was right, the monster arm has returned.

No, no, no, why have you returned now, Marco subconsciously asked the Monster arm.

Don't you remember, I'm a part of you, always have been that day Star casted me into existence, even when she returned your hand back to normal, I was still a part of you, The Monster Arm  subconsciously replied back to Marco.

So, why appear now, why not before, Marco subconsciously replied back.

Because before, you were getting stronger, more resistant to me, but that 'ol stab wound of your opened up some possibilities, your dying Marco, and I've been keeping you alive , Monster Arm  subconsciously responded.

Your bluffing, Marco said.

Oh, you don't believe me, well, let's put that to the test, Monster Arm said.

Monster Arm loosens his control over Marco, just then that pain was hitting him like a semi truck. Okay, okay, make it stop, Marco shouted.

The monster arm stopped. Okay, so I'm dying, that's really bad, but why keep me alive then, Marco questioned.

Because they want your body as a vessel, Monster Arm replied.

Who wants my body, Marco confusedly asked.

Why, your wound of course, it wasn't just any 'ol wound, its a living wound, that dark magic that got into you, is now spreading to your body, soon, you'll no longer be in control, your inner self will be buried forever, Monster arm  subconsciously cackles.

I thought you said I was dying, Marco asked.

Well, your inner self will be trapped within your body, its as good as dead.

So why invade now, Marco asked.

Well, we aren't savages, go, enjoy your night out, it may be your last, so cherish it wisely, we'll be watching you Marco Diaz.

Marco couldn't believe what just happened, he didn't know what to do, but he just had to play along, the purple was still there, so he used some make up to conceal it. If tonight would be his last, he might as well make it count. Marco then leaves his room, all ready and formal, he then goes to the front door.