Chapter 10: The Death of Coffee and Love

As soon as you get home, you text your best friend, Morrigan Death. She's named after the Irish goddess of death and war.

You:
Hey girl! I have BIG news!
Morrigan:
Did your mother die.
You:
OMG, girl! Hahaha! You're so funny!
But no.
Elmo asked me for coffee!
Morrigan:
Ew, men.
You:
He's different, girl! I swear!
Morrigan:
Down bad, huh?
You:
OMG! Morrigan, I don't even think it's romantic. We're going just as friends...
Morrigan:
Sure. You're gonna need some some hotter clothes.

Ten minutes later, there's a knock on your door. When you open it, Morrigan stands in your doorway. She's wearing a black and white plaid shirt, a black tank top with a corset that's slightly undone to show her black belly button piercing and ripped black skinny jeans with fishnets underneath. There are chains hanging off her belt and she has black lipstick and black eyeliner. Her hair is ash grey and messy. She has chain earring in all five of her ear piercings, as well as a nose ring, an eyebrow piercing and a tongue piercing. On her feet are chunky black doc martins with huge heels and chain laces. She has a black skull contact in her left eye and a plain white contact in her right eye. She has several skull rings, and a cross pendant on a chain around her neck. Her tank top says "Underestimate me. That'll be fun." She has long black coffin nails with a wilting red rose pattern on them.

"Hi Morrigan," you greet her. "I wasn't expecting you."

An ominous air falls over your living room as Morrigan steps foot into your abode.

"We're going shopping. Get ready."

"O-oh but I already have clothes," you stutter. 

"Not any you could wear on a date," deadpans Morrigan, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.She opens your door for you, pushing you outside. 

Morrigans car is a crow-black 1994 Toyota Ward with flames painted on the sides and skull-shaped rearview mirrors. It had a custom black interior, to match her soul.You sit in the front seat. 

"Where are we going shopping, girl?" you ask your best friend. 

"The mall."You buckle up and Morrigan zooms off. 

 As you pull up to the mall, something catches the corner of your eye. A shadowy blue figure is wrapped up in a subtle beige trench coat with dark, serious, shiny black wrap around sunglasses and a dogtooth black and white fedora and a lit cigar hanging from the side of his mouth. His luscious blue hair peaks out seductively from underneath his fedora, like a shy shellfish. He has something lumpy in a case strapped onto his Gucci belt. He's probably just a store attendant on lunch break. 

You ignore him and turn to Morrigan. 

"OMG, girl! We're here! Where to first?" 

Morrigan stares deep into your soul with her usual empty gaze. 

"Hot topic."

At hot topic, you and Morrigan picks out an assortment of clothing. She holds her findings out to you. 

"Try these on."

 You smile at her as you hop into your change room. 

"Thanks, girl! I appreciate it." 

With the clothes laid out before you, you get started. The first thing you try on is an orange dress with a knee length skirt and white gingham details. It also has pink flowers with orange middles and loopy stitching around the hem. The sleeves are puffy and orange and end just past your shoulder. 

You open the changing room door and twirl for Morrigan. She gags. 

"It would be ugly even without you in it."

 You sigh. "I kinda liked it..." 

You step back into the changing room and close the door behind you.You decide to try on a pair of pink rhinestone jeans next. You smile as you put them on. You chose these because they looked drippy. But when you do up the zip, they're miles too wide. 

"Oh no," you murmur.You call out to Morrigan. "Is there a smaller size for these jeans? I have an XXS." 

Morrigan leaves and you hear quiet murmuring as she converses with the shop assistant.

When Morrigan returns, she is empty handed. 

"XXS is the smallest size," she tells you. 

Ugh! you sigh in frustration. You glance at the mirror, at your deep (e/c) orbs and your luscious (h/c) locks. You were just so petite! You reluctantly take the jeans off and say goodbye to your dreams. 

Three hours and a shopful of clothes later, you still haven't found the perfect outfit for your date with Elmo. You walk out of the change rooms a final time, with the last outfit on. It's a pink and white stripy dress with lots of frills and lime green accents as well as a poofy skirt and sleeves.You twirl for Morrigan, and she rolls her eyes. 

"Trash, again." 

You sigh."I'll never find the dress of my dreams! Elmo won't want to talk to me ever again," you despair. 

But then suddenly, it catches your eye.At the back of the rack of dresses next to the change room. A gorgeous hot pink sequinned sundress. 

You squeal. 

"OHMYGOD, girl! This is what I've been searching for this whole time!" 

You grab the dress and rush to the changing rooms. It fits like a glove. It elegantly swishes as you walk, complimenting your petite physique. 

"Wow," you gasp. "This is perfect!"Even Morrigan has nothing bad to say. 

A passing shop attendant passes by and drops the clothing in her arms. 

"OMG! Are you getting that? You should! It's perfect on you!" 

You giggle giddily."You really think so?" 

"Yeah!" 

Your cheeks, nose and ears heat up to a deep frosting pink."It's a sale then!"You pass a fifty dollar note to the shop attendant. 

"Keep the change ^^." 

As you walk out of the secluded changing room area, you forget to change back into your normal clothes. A group of girls around your age turn to look at you.You bashfully blush for a moment. But then they say 

"Omg! Where did you get that dress? It's stunning!" 

"O-oh! Thank you! I got it from the rack over there!" You point them in the direction, and they go running towards it.You turn around to look for Morrigan, and see she's behind you. 

"This was a successful trip!" you declare."Let's go now. It's getting late." 

You gasp in surprise, and look at your watch. It's 6:30. You really need to get your beauty sleep.You leave the mall, feeling satisfied with the day's endeavours.