She opened her eyes, and they gleaned like the summer sun. Alucard recoiled, his clawed hands burning from the aura consuming her body.

She became an embodiment of pure light, levitating in the air shining as a great beacon. Great feathery wings spread from her back, bathing the room in the brilliance of a thousand shimmering crystals. Her form grew until she dwarfed everyone in the room, light dazzling around her as her body glimmered in ivory gold feathers. Her fingernails elongated into birdlike claws, her toenails sharpened into talons, and her head, though still humanoid, bore the feathered crest of a harpy eagle. Longer, silken plumes flowed down her back and curled past her legs evoking a tail.

When her feet touched the ground, she absorbed the surrounding light, appearing to incorporate it into her ethereal, yet very corporeal body. The trio stood breathless, unable to comprehend in body or mind the celestial being now standing before them. She was brilliant, beautiful and otherworldly, (And a hell of a lot different than the church statues depicted as! Trevor thought mesmerized. More like a celestial harpy than a messenger of Heaven.)  As she towered over them fifteen feet tall, Sypha bravely addressed her. "Zaharial?"

The angel jerked her head like a bird of prey, staring directly at her. Her eyes unlike any living creature. Bright gray sunbursts with flecks of pure white, looking in her eyes was like looking at a  twilit sky full of stars.  If she recognized her friends, nobody could tell, but she acted non-hostile for the moment.

"Please." Sypha bowed before the founder of her clan. "Help us. We need you." The angel bowed her head, arching her wings as they brushed her robes.

Sypha backed away when Zaharial stood rigid, her feathers rippling and her ethereal gaze pinned on Alucard, still in his wraith form.

"Alucard, stay back." Trevor warned when the angel zoned in on him the way a hunting beast stared down its prey.

"Don't be afraid....." The dhampir slowly approached her.   His claws shortened and he became more human, pitiful golden eyes looking up at her, softly speaking her human name. "It's me."

The angel struck with her great divine glaive, sparks crackling in the air where the blade clashed against the cobbled floor. Alucard dodged her attack,  and to Trevor and Sypha, the pain in his eyes was worse than when he killed his own father.

"My love...Please." He stood piteously before dodging another strike. Again and again she went  after him, sparks alighting the darkened cellars as Alucard was forced to run.He knew he couldn't fight her, she was stronger than any foe he'd ever face, and he wouldn't. He didn't have it in him, even if he were forced to.

The angel cornered him in a smaller room, towering over him raising her great glaive. Alucard stood hopelessly. A fireball hit her in the back of her head, followed by the whip cracking her hand. She twisted around startled.

"Forgive me." Sypha murmured summoning another fireball.

"Run!!" Trevor lashed the whip at her face and Zaharial hissed. A sharp chilling noise like the air being sucked out of the room.

"STOP IT. You'll hurt her!!" Alucard cried.

"That's not her anymore Alucard ! Get away!" Trevor struck Zaharial again.  His other hand clenched on the knife hilt. Trevor knew he couldn't do damage to an angel, Belmont weapons weren't meant to harm celestials with immeasurable power, but he could piss her off  and divert her attention  long enough for Alucard to escape.

He lashed the Morningstar and it caught around her wrist. Trevor grunted, pulling it back with all his might.  Zaharial sprung at him and cuffed him with the blunt end of  her claws, knocking him down like a mother bear reprimanding her cub. She brushed the whip off her wrist, and when Sypha struck her with thunderbolts, she knocked the Speaker off her feet with  a gust of her wings.