I saw the bravery return to the humans, and their hearts filled with hope. They readied their silver weapons, clipping bags of salt to their belts.

I had once believed in angels
They were everywhere I looked
A gentle hand guiding me
To give more than I took

But I have died a thousand times
Watching all these angels fall
Their lonely eyes haunt me still
We will avenge them all

On our own
In a world of stone
We are not alone

A horn blew from the towers. It was time.

We met the army of  armored vampires and snarling night creatures with equal might. The spearmen had dipped the heads of their weapons in salt . As the vampires sprung to attack, many were pierced by silver spears, screaming bloody murder and melting from the salt on the metal. Many humans fell from their teeth and claws, blood and entrails soiling the earth.

Morae will have  a busy night.

My temples throbbed in an oncoming headache, probably  brought on by the stress of a battle. I pushed it aside, running and leaping onto the galloping unicorn's back. A cheer rose up when I rode onto the battlefield.

Flexing my hand a swath of white flame separated the army from the castle, those caught in its wake screaming and melting into gurgling pools. I struck my staff on the ground and bursts of holy light erupted from beneath the earth, exploding  the night creatures and unlucky vampires standing atop.

"Turn your focus on the Mal'ahk!" Roared one of the vampire generals. "Kill her while she's locked in human flesh!"

Now who told them that!?

The  unicorn reared at the onslaught of vampires. The bloodthirsty fiends could still fly over the flames, and many of them did, slashing and clawing at me with bared fangs. I deflected them back with bursts of my light shield, slicing their necks with my sword. The vampires shrieked and hissed from the silver blade burning their flesh,but others persisted like a horde of rabid bats. The unicorn managed to gore one straight through the skull and kick another back with the force enough to punch a hole in his chest sending his pumping heart flying .

The unicorn screamed and reared again, I held on raising my staff skyward with a divine light.

A blue blaze flashed through the air as Alucard came to my aid, his sword decapitating the remaining vampires. "Thanks for the save." I huffed, pinching my throbbing temples. Screams erupted from the humans and the burning night creatures braving their way through the flames. The unicorn burst into a gallop with  Alucard soaring beside us, his steel blade encased in a bright blue flame.

Together, we fought the army of Night repelling them back. Alucard slicing the enemies clean through after I immolated them in holy flame. He watched my back and I watched his, blasting and exploding the vampires with fire and light beams. Alucard must've learned a trick from me, for when an onslaught vampire spearmen and the warty-spiderlike night creatures attacked, he lashed out a blue beam from his gleaming sword. The brutes splattered at our feet. I nodded with an approving smile when Alucard smirked at me.

A war cry rippled behind us. The foes kept coming, bracing through the holy flames with a desperate determination. A group of them broke off to onslaught Greta and her warriors. "Come on!"I raised my staff and raced to their aid. Alucard followed swiftly along.

Greta fought boldly with sword and hammer. An array of crumpled corpses already strewn around her feet. Yet the vampires kept closing in, slaying many of her folk. They were met with light blasts and sword decapitation from both of us.  "Look at you two being the power couple." Greta remarked.