The Roll Was Maki Maki

Jeremy's POV
I look at the time and around the cafeteria but I don't see Michael anywhere.
Just then Rich gets a text. And I know because his text tone's kinda hard to ignore. It's a clip from the song 'Don't Cha' by The Pussycat Dolls. I know that cause he plays the song at least once whenever he gets the aux.
He looks at the screen.

"Hey, you guys!" He speaks up a little to get the whole table's attention. "Michael said he's going over to the plaza with some other friend for lunch." Other friend?
"Does he hang out with anyone else?" Chloe asks.
"Apparently." Rich says taking a bite out of his pizza pocket. Brooke sits up a little. "Ask him who."
"Okay."

Rich sends the text and about a minute later his phone sounds again.
"Someone named Markus Leads. Anyone know who the hell that is?" I feel like I've heard the name before but I don't really know where. Rich's phone makes another sound. The one that means Michael just sent another message while their chat was open.
"He says they're lab partners in physics. Nerd."

After that everyone pretty much just shrugged it off and went back to eating, but I couldn't stop wondering if I was the reason he didn't show up. And I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he's never mentioned this guy before.

/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/

Michael's POV

Markus And I went to the sushi place first. There was a bit of a line (mostly other students) but pretty soon we got our food. We decided to eat it under a tree beside the plaza.
"Good idea," I told him. "I haven't been here is so long." I used my chopsticks to pick up a sushi roll. "I love this place."
"I know right? So good." Markus said, through a mouth full of tempura roll.
"Hm, I used to come here all the time. How come I never saw you here?"
"I moved here from California right before the semester started."
"Oh shit, really? And you think this New Jersey sushi is 'so good'?"
"Yeah this used to be my favourite chain when I lived there. I didn't think they extended all the way here but," He said, dipping a roll in soy sauce. "They do."

"I never knew you had this lunch."
"Oh, well I don't." He played with some loose bark on the tree as he spoke. "English is boring as fuck so, I skipped it."
"Who do you have?"
"Mr. Spauz." He grimaced.
I sucked in a breath through my teeth.
"Spauz? Monotone Danny Devito?"
"Exactly! He looks like Danny Devito but sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown. Nothing that man says retains any place in my brain."
"And the movies he plays have nothing to do with English class."
"And they're never even good! So you've had him before?"
"Yeah I have him last period."
"Oh shit, I feel sorry for you man. I have a free last period."
"Uh- Well... You can just shut up."

And he laughs. And he puts his hand on my shoulder. And I don't know why I feel weird about that.

We talk and laugh a little while longer while we finish our sushi. When we're both done I look at the time.
"We've got like 15 minutes left, you wanna get some slushies?"
"Sure."

We walk into the Seven Eleven and go right for the slushie machines at the back. As per usual I get cherry flavoured. Markus get's Banana. At least I know he's got good taste. We pay and as we're leaving he taps me on the shoulder.

"Hey, so you're a stoner right?"
"Uh, yeah? How do you know that?"
"You just give off those vibes?" He points to my sweater "And more from your sweater patch."
"Oh yeah," I laugh. "I forgot about that for a second."
"So your mom and dad are cool with it?"
"My moms? No. They might suspect something but as far as they know I'm just a big Bob Marley fan. Which is still true!"
"Right," He moves his straw around his slushie.
He opens his mouth like he's gonna say something but closes it. Then opens it again.