The End is near

So that Poland would grow in strength and people would live more prosperously. - Edward Gierek

10 April 1974 P.C

Warsaw

General Staff of the Polish Army

21:37

The comrade officers of all ranks necessary for the proper functioning of the staff headed by General of Arms Florian Siwicki, who was the Chief of Staff, and General of Army Wojciech Jaruzelski, who was the Minister of Defense, were sitting at a big table. On the table lay the current map of Parpaldia with the marked units and the current front line running along the river Abovo.

The reason for gathering them all here was, of course, a problem related to the Parpaldian counteroffensive. Or to be more precise, a problem of a nature that is very often ignored by all sorts of people who are from the cycle of their favorite country and their army (*cough*Werhmacht*cough*) can conquer everything around with ease because they are the best and they have here insert what powerful weapons (*cough*Yamato*cough*).

It was a matter of logistics, of course.

A very tedious job in which there are a lot of people who, like the settlers in the first Settlers (whoever hasn't played the game should regret it), move tedious things such as ammunition, fuel, spare parts, human supplies and, of course, new toys to kill for those Rommels and Pattons from point to point.

And in this wonderful case it is from MESKO producing all kinds of ammunition of all calibers for the Armed Forces of the People's Republic of Poland and the factory itself is located in Skarżysko south of Radom... Well, what the hell am I doing here, most of it is read by foreigners anyway and hardly any of them will look at google maps now, right? And who of you knows the location of Radom? Well, probably no one, right?

So simply this factory is located about half way from Warsaw to Krakow! Or more precisely about 140 km south of Warsaw.

And from there, people from Central Poland, get on trains in Skarżysko-Kamienna because that's the exact name of the city, and go north on trains to Gdynia or Gdansk, but rather mostly to Gdynia. Thank the League of Nations for creating the Free City of Danzig. Even today Gdynia carries more goods than Danzig!

And from Skarżysko to Gdynia is about 500 km. And then we have a couple of thousand km to Altaras or better yet straight to Parpaldia by sea.

As far as from Japan to Parpaldia is only 800 km. So for Poland to get there it has to overcome almost 3000 km. Quite a lot, isn't it? And here I've given only an estimated approximation of this distance. In reality it's a few hundred more for Poland and a few tens less for Japan.

And here we have a huge buried dog. You see, Poland's logistics, as befits a largely land-based country, is focused on road-train transport and these two parts work great. Both trains in Poland and trucks in Parpaldia. However, the maritime logistics is a bloody bottleneck. This is not the USA or France.

Yes, the seizure of many civilian ships which were in Poland at the time of transfer, both in ports and in territorial waters, gave quite a big boost.

But first of all, most of them were again designated for civilian purposes, this time under the red-and-white flag, although not always with a purely Polish crew, helping in the development of the Polish economy, transporting, for example, raw materials and food so much desired by Japan.

Secondly, the Naval Logistics, such a very creative name but that's what it was called, was overloaded with the number of ships and personnel needed for training. Very much on a large scale, literally it's flooding a small actually fleet with a small budget with a huge number of ships, as for personnel to find more sailors there's no problem why there's this three year conscription right?