A desperace struggle for peace

Start from the beginning

Particularly helpful was the acquisition of the great thinker, poet, and novelist Severus Defacto who, upon learning of the "truths" proclaimed by the Polish agigators, very quickly realized that they were the answer to his questions about the socio-economic state of Parpaldia which he included in his novel "The Cases of Nicolas Expertus".

Of course, "voluntary" donations to his activities also helped to enlighten this artist.

With his help all propaganda actions in occupied areas were facilitated, thanks to his influence and knowledge. In particular, thanks to him it was possible to put off the threat of a resistance movement to a later date, and even thanks to him it was possible to convince after a few days to lay down their arms those groups of imperial soldiers who were omitted in the raid on the capital.

Unfortunately, even his help could not effectively kill all thoughts of resistance and small groups of students gathered in places they considered safe and discussed attempts to thwart the Polish actions. So far, these are just thoughts and not real actions, and the mysterious disappearance of the city's most vocal group the day after the protests began has deterred them from real action for some time.

This does not mean, of course, that there were no protests, but these rather concerned the introduction of food ration cards and complaints about the actions of the Polish sappers who were adapting the merchant warehouses and the small city barracks occupied by the army. All this reconstruction is to build the necessary infrastructure for military needs.

Part of the old city walls have been blown up to allow trucks and other heavy machinery from the logistics and engineering fields access to the part of the city where the necessary buildings are located.

You may ask why the Poles took over the buildings in the city instead of just taking a military fortress nearby or building a new building or just setting up tents.

Well if you asked that question then the answer is simple, it was simply faster and the city of Almater itself is one of the many supply points in the logistical chain leading from the port cities to the front which was stabilized on the great Abovo River leading from the Agnus Mountains some 3,000 kilometers north of Almater in a straight line.

The river itself stretches across almost the entire continent and after crossing the Dragonius Valley it begins to turn left and falls into the sea some 300 kilometers west of the capital city of Parpaldia. Formerly this river in turn had another mouth called today Marubovo what means from Parpaldian Dead Abovo passing through the capital. About 500 years ago, that is in 1126 C.C.Y., the river began to break through to the west and carved out a new channel for itself, which we have today on maps.

According to the legend this was caused by the Master Warlock Merdinus, who at the time when Parpaldia was only a republic and called Parneus used his magic to create a new riverbed in order to make the capital city inaccessible to the neighbouring kingdom with which Parpaldia had been at war for many centuries.

This kingdom was called the Kingdom of Sianis, today a province of Parpaldia proper, and it sought to conquer the Republic, for it was formerly a part of that kingdom which had fallen away during its feudal disintegration under King Luds V the Fool.

For this King, after the death of his father, who had divided the country between his sons to avoid civil wars, wished to rule the whole kingdom alone. As the eldest son, a year after his coronation he announced a decree, prepared in great secrecy, declaring his father's will null and void and all agreements to keep the kingdom together null and void.

The result was that anarchy suddenly swept the country, followed by six years of civil war as the king's troops tried to enforce the decree. Many of the king's brothers rebelled against this decision as unjust.