5.0 miscellany

meaning: collection of different people/mix

The next day Danialla walked in the castle after putting Ginnsella in the royal horse barn. Ginnsella was Danialla's horse, which was passed down from Wandlon. As she walked in the Great Hall, she saw fourteen girls run around crazily. She chuckled, must be the selection girls.

One girl spotted her and walked up to the girl, "You're Danialla Castellanos right? Close to the Kings and Queens?"

She nodded, "Yes, that's me," the girl smiled, "what's your name?"

"meriel emerald."

"Isn't that a. . . ?"

"A mermaid's name mixed with a fairy's? Yes, it actually is. I'm a halfbreed of fairy and mermaid," she said with a smile.

"Then how can you be out of water?" Danialla asked, she was curious.

"I got out last month, I can be out of the water for a whole full moon around, I do though need to take swims every week to not get overly sick."

"That's really cool!"

"Yeah, I love your outfit!" she said looking at her dress. She looked down at what she was wearing, it was a yellow, khaki dress.

"Thank you! I like your dress too. A little fancy for my style, but it's great on you!" She's wearing a dress with purple and blue pop and goes to the floor.

"If you all will, the Selection girls come to the royal dining room!" one of the guards said; you could tell that he was getting upset. meriel looked at Danialla.

"I guess I will be seeing you soon since you come here a lot from what I hear the rumors say."

"You are right, see you later meriel."

They walked their separate ways as Danialla went up to the sewing room. Today for lunch, the girls will be meeting the rest of the Pevensies. It's only Peter in the breakfast room now, the rest of the Pevensies and Danialla would be eating in one of the rooms upstairs that morning.

Before she went to the sewing room, She decided to go up to Susan's room. She walked in her room; in which Susan was sitting on her bed, reading a book. "Good book?" She asked. She looked from her book to Danialla.

"Dana! Hi!" she said getting up. "Oh, and I guess. Not the best one I've read." Danialla nodded.

"Ready for breakfast?" she added.

"It's not ready for another half hour because of the Selection girls." the young girl reminded her. She pouted and sat back down.

"I can't wait til this thing is over. It's rubbish."

"That's not what you said a few years ago," Danialla reminded her best friend. Years ago Susan would go on for hours on how to find your true love during a Selection would be perfect. She shrugged.

"True."

"I'm going down to the sewing room after seeing Edmund and Pete."

"Edmund?" she asked, confused.

"I need my morning teasing. See you in the royal room for breakfast?" she nodded.

    Danialla walked out of the room and went over to Edmund's. Though, Peter caught his eye at her and started running over to her, "Dana!"

    Dana looked over at Peter, "Hey Pete, I was about to go to your room."

    "I was wondering if you could maybe meet all of the Selection girls and tell me what each of them are like before the meet and greet later today? I want to have a bit of info."