🏮87. Magic Extraction Pod

Start from the beginning

"Do you really think that this isn't Arabella Amber," Cray said quietly.

Jenna looked down at the girl unconscious on the floor. She abruptly let go of Arabella's hand and wiped her hands off on her light pink wrap dress. "If we're lucky, it is. You heard the way he was talking about her. If his feelings for her progress any further, neither of us will have any chance with him whatsoever. Besides, do you really want to share the First Prince with that thing?" She said while kicking Arabella in the side.

"I'd prefer to not have to share him with anyone, but I know that's not going to happen," Cray said while looking at Jenna.

"Exactly, but if you and I can agree to not get in each other's way, we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement," said Jenna.

"Either way, if his relationship progresses further, we'll both have to be submissive to Arabella. She would be his legal wife. I'm willing to help you become the First Prince's legal wife. My status doesn't allow that to be an option for me. I will help you, if you make a magical oath to never suppress me," said Jenna.

"A magical oath?" Cray said with a nervous squeak while grabbing hold of her light green empire dress.

"That's right," said Jenna.

"Let me think about it," said Cray.

"That's fine, but don't take too long. I'm not a patient woman. If you refuse to work with me, I'll find someone else who will," Jenna said. "After all, I have the royal baby to look after," she said while rubbing a small bump above her pelvis.

Cray pinched her lips together while looking down at Jenna's baby bump, but in the end she shook her head in agreement. "I'll get back to you with my answer soon," Cray said.

Cray took a deep breath and sighed, before walking over to a large silver cabinet beside the extraction pods. She opened up the cabinet and pulled out a large jar as big as half her body. Then she carried that jar over to the pod that held an unconscious dryad within it. She attached the jar to a tube that came off the right side of the extraction pod. The liquid the Dryad was floating in was swamp green and sparkling, as if someone had tossed in a large amount of tiny glitter flakes. To the left side of the pod, mounted in the stand, were four large buttons. The buttons said load, unload, extract, and drain. Currently the button that says extract was lit up. Cray walked over to the buttons and pressed the one that said drain. A low humming sound immediately filled the otherwise quiet space and the green liquid within the pod started swirling around. It was kind of pretty in a way, with the tiny glitter flakes catching the light.

Amber watched as the green liquid slowly separated and drained into the large jar. Once all of the color was removed, a lock at the bottom of the pod opened, and the remaining clear liquid poured out into a drain in the floor. Once the pod was only holding the dryad, Cray pushed the button that read 'Unload'. The mount then turned the large clear pod horizontally, flipping the dryad face up. The bottom of the pod lowered down to the floor, like a loading dock with the dryad's back against it. Cray bent over and grabbed hold of both the Dryad's arms, dragging her off of the loading panel.

"Are you going to give me a hand," Cray said while gasping for breath.

Jenna rubbed her belly again. "I had a small cramp earlier, so I couldn't possibly help."

Cray rolled her eyes, not believing Jenna for a moment, but didn't bother arguing with her. She finally was able to get the Dryad off of the loading plank and then turned to Arabella. Just as she was about to grab hold of Arabella's wrists, she saw Jenna had already grabbed them. Jenna had a large smile on her face while she tightly wrapped her hands around Arabella's wrists and tugged her towards the loading plank.

"This is what you get for always trying to get in my way with the prince. All you had to do was lay down and die from being poisoned. It could have been a peaceful death for you. No one asked you to fall for the prince. You weren't supposed to want him for yourself. He was mine! That was the only reason I decided to become your maid in the first place. You knew that royals were allowed to take their wife's ladies in waiting as concubines. You knew that, but you tried to fight me anyway. I've always wanted him. Ever since I saw him in his carriage, I wanted him. Why was it that you were allowed to marry him, but he was out of my reach? Well he isn't anymore. I'm pregnant, I'll marry him, and you'll be dead. This pod will drain you into mana exhaustion and then I will dig out your mana core with a knife," said Jenna.

Amber tried to jump out of the bed again, but she was immediately surrounded by black smoke, and felt the sensation of being covered in boiling oil.

"Ahh!" she screamed and collapsed back onto the bed.

As soon as her back was against the bed, the black smoke cleared away, and the pain disappeared. Amber gasped and breathed heavily in relief, but a great deal of anger simmered inside her. If she managed to get out of this situation alive, she would not soon forget this incident.

Amber watched as her body was pulled onto the loading plank and Jenna happily pushed the button to load her inside. The bottom of the pod lifted up and sealed her body inside, then the top of the pod popped open. Cray walked over and placed the breathing apparatus onto Arabella Amber's body along with the three tubes. One went below her heart, one went into her stomach, and another went into her bladder. The long thick needles attached to the ends of the tubs were stabbed deeply into Amber's body. Then the pod was closed and Cray pushed the loading button. The pod filled up with clear, slightly gelatinous fluid, and then flipped back up.

Amber watched the viewing screen, trapped inside Arabella's body, from within the magic extraction pod. She watched the smug smile plastered on Jenna's face as she stared. Cray frowned while looking at her inside the pod, but then sighed, and walked away. Jenna continued to watch while her smug smile turned into a huge gleeful grin.