🏮 46. Imprinting

The thing about elfin magic, was that if enough of it were used on a single person, it could cause an imprint. The feelings for that individual had to be strong though. Love, hatred, curiosity; it didn't matter which emotion was strong, only that there was one. It wasn't that Prince Elystar was against imprinting on Amber, he was simply reluctant to force an imprint on someone without their say so.

The type of imprint would vary, depending on what the caster was feeling toward the individual at the time; from blessings, to curses, to abilities. The imprint would leave an invisible magic mark that would only show if certain conditions were met. This was one of the great secrets of the elves, because of the possibility of giving their much desired healing magic to an outsider.

However, Queen Kelila asked Prince Elystar to come to the Nexum celebration in order to find a partner. She was hoping that her son would be able to make a good connection. Prince Elystar complied with the goal to meet someone that would make having a political marriage bearable.

He paused his hands over her briefly. As he was about to reach out his hands to remove Amber's clothes, the green haired elf woman came barreling into the room and shoved him aside.

"There's no need for you to help some Ice girl! She isn't even our kind! She's beneath you!" said the green haired elf.

"Megan, we've already been over this. Queen Mother ordered me to find my partner here," said Prince Elystar.

"You could just tell her that you already love me! You don't have to force yourself to marry some weird species," said Lady Megan.

"You know that I don't feel that way about you," said Prince Elystar.

"Give it time! I could be a good wife to you," said Megan.

"We've been friends since we were barely old enough to talk. I know how I feel about you and that's never going to change. You're like a little sister to me. I could no more choose you as a mate and partner, than I could my own sibling. I do love you, but obviously not in the way you want. I don't want to distance myself from you, but if you persist in your pursuit of me, I won't have any other choice," he said.

She shook her head in denial while a single tear trickled down her cheek.

"You'll change your mind, I know you will. As soon as you realize that no other woman is better than me, you'll want me," she said.

Prince Elystar smiled sadly. "That will never happen. Believe me, I wish it could. It was never my intention to hurt you. You are important to me. I just wish that this was enough for you."

Prince Elystar looked back down at Amber and reached out to her in determination.

Megan put out a hand to block him. "Allow me to do this much at least."

If they had no physical contact during the healing and he only used basic healing magic, while keeping his head diverted, there was no chance that he would imprint on Amber. He couldn't be allowed to Imprint on Amber. She was still determined to make Elystar her man. If he imprinted on Amber, they would be connected. Amber would be able to call on him with the mark and he would be bound to her. It was a certainty that an imprint between the two of them wouldn't be a curse mark.

Prince Elystar pulled back his hand and silently shook his head in affirmation. He turned his face away while Megan carefully cut off Amber's clothing using her sharp nails. She felt some glee while shredding Amber's clothing.

Prince Elystar lifted his hand above Amber's body and a bright white glow started coming from his hand. Earth and water magic were the most common magic types among elves. While healing magic was the most rare, it was almost unheard of among other species.