24

"Chenchita, why did you do put up all those challenges and stupid things?" The tribe asked her.

"I have tried to ask all those who came to marry me. But only he bothered to actually go through it. You don't know this person you are going to marry. You don't know his behaviour, his honesty, his loyalty, or anything. Every girl should have the right to decide whether she believes this groom who came for her is actually serious about marrying her. It is unacceptable to say that the wife should blindly follow her husband at everything. It could lead her into a wrong path or leave her in a place where she is not cared for. Such marriage is bound to become chains for her. One has to be wise. Naturally if you ask a groom to do all this, some will think you're too demanding and leave. Then you'll know they will never stand by you when things become difficult. If he does manage to swallow his ego and agree to doing those things, you know one thing that he is willing to do something for your happiness is actually determined to marry you. I put up those tasks to see. Bringing and hunting is a task. The husband has to be able to give her basic lifestyle. At least make sure she doesn't have to go hungry. If a girl has to marry, it has to be an equal marriage. If it is unequal then somewhere it will cause imbalance in the marriage. When you are certain that the marriage is between equal people, you also need to know how well the person will take care of you and how loving he can be. The girl is going to leave behind her family and friends to live with a man and his family. The least she can expect is her husband to be caring and affectionate towards her." Chenchita answered to them.

"You wanted to test Sri Hari? Amma, this is crazy. Why would he not be genuine?"

"Yes but he himself said that rage is his rupalakshana. In that form he has rage as an element. Who is to say he will not get angry at me? He got angry at even devas. Such that Bhairava himself would keep everyone away from him. I cannot just run away when he has lost his temper, right? He wants me to be his wife. Where should I run if he gets angry? If the rupalakshana can be reduced by him, then I know that I will be able to deal with him."

Narasimha laughed. He should have known. Lakshmi would have deep thoughts about everything she does. Nothing goes aimlessly when she's involved. Laksha saadhana spandita Lakshmi. The one who is the result of laksya saadhana and the one who leads the saadhana to the laksya. That is Lakshmi. If the goal is Narasimha then the result of it is offered by Lakshmi and at the same time the one who will take the saadhaka to Narasimha is Lakshmi. The result is Aishwarya in the form the saadhaka wishes and the path is Lakshmi in the form which is needful.

"Surely, you have set a great example for every woman and how she must decide her groom. As of the fortune that you did find me a worthy groom for yourself, I'll grant you any wish that you please." Narasimha told her.

Chenchita hesitated slightly but took a deep breath and asked, "You have come here for the sake of your devotees. To make sure their troubles are reduced. To offer them peace and assurance. You've come here to speak of sharana. But humans are generally very ignorant. Not all of them have the ability to understand the Veda. Not all of them have an awareness that they need Brahm to escape from this cycle of suffering karma. So, I truly believe that somewhere Brahm must also take some effort to cure this ignorance. I only wish that while you wait for devotees to come you, you also try and spread the word of Vedanta youself. Such that you bring them to yourself." She said.

Narasimha was quite surprised. He would never have expected something like that. She wanted for him to go preach the word of Vedanta to people.

He laughed. Only she would think of something like than and ask of something like that. After all, she is the path of saadhana. The path which will lead jeeva to Narayana. He had himself told her such that she was the boat that lead from samsara to brahm.