21.

Chenchita was lost in thoughts as they returned back to the penta. Everyone was happy and still in the enjoyment. The incident at the temple still reflected in her mind.

'Does Baramma really believe that this is something I should do?' she wondered all the way back.

Lot of thoughts arose in her mind. Would it be even remotely possible to think of the deity within the Vedas as someone personal to her? She had only begun to learn about him and his grandeur, how could she ever feel enough worthy to be married to him? Out of all the women in this creation, why her?

She was naturally a hyperactive person. She loved the forests. Could she abandon them and live away from it? The forests were her home. At some point, he would want to return to his own abode where he really lives.

Her senses kicked in and she bent down and a dagger missed hitting her just in time. She instantly stood up and saw asuras. None of her weapons would stand against the asuras and their hard skin.

She shot up and started to run. Ducking the weapons throw at her. She picked up a stone and threw it at the asura. Hitting him right between his eyes, it knocked him out. Whether it helped or not, she steadied her bow and arrows, shooting them.

It seemed out numbered. Especially with her weapons weightless against them. The scent of tulsi and sandalwood reached her. She felt the  familiar lion mane. The dark skinned human form and the golden lion head. Holding the arrow and the bow with her, he aimed at the asuras. His own powers changed the arrow into far more steady arrows.

Her heart began to race.

His confidence stance enchanted her. She watched him swing the Nandaka into action. He seemed to be simply playing along with them. They weren't much of a challenge to him. His wavy hair touched his shoulders. His arms were perfectly sculptured and the tip of his fingers reached the top of his knees.  His face was as if Kama's beauty was just a small minute drop from his own beauty. His shoulders squared even with the burden he carries on them. He ducked the sword swung at him very easily and the asura heads rolled off their shoulders. His chest was decorated with jewellery. The kaustubha shining happily. As if it was the happiest one in the entire creation for being on his chest. The perfect proportion of muscle and fat.

Kaashyapi had always been a rather innocent one until she had noticed him. The parrot from her shoulder poked at her as if ramming some sense into her mind.

Sensing the familiar stare, his skin got the smallest rumbles all over itself. There was only one who could have such an effect on him. He caught the arm trying to attack him and looked around to see where she was. That was when her sight caught his eye.

Bright earthen brown eyes. Bark brown tresses which reached her hips with flowers braided along. Almost seeming as if flowers were born out of her. Earthen brown skin. Tea green clothing. A bracelet out of bilva leaves were set on her right wrist and a flower bracelet on her left.

Her eyes widened at being caught shamelessly staring at him. The shock resounded in her mind and she shot off running. Narayana laughed.

Before Kaashyapi realized, she found him standing in her way, leaning against the tree. Her father had taught her about Narayana. She was silly to think she could outrun him. Her cheeks burned red. "Hopefully the sight was pretty enough." He teased her.

"Umm..."

He laughed at her expense. "Generally, I would say that a battlefield is the best place to make an impression. I would have wanted to choose some garden or a jathara but this had to happen during a battle. So, I hope I don't come off as someone who enjoys violence. It is a part of the job."