"Let's go! The golden dolphin isn't going to hand itself out to Mr. Marmalade."

Diane smiled before getting out on her side, slamming the door shut.

•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

A few minutes later of greeting guests and talking to everyone that had wanted to meet the new found Governors, a yellow melizine had spiked the peoples interests, cameras shuttered, and none other than Tiffany Fluffit had went over to the door to welcome Professor Marmalade the fourth.

"Professor, in the past year, you stopped wars, fed the hungry and saved countless pandas. Some have even described your goodness second only to mother Teresa." Tiffany had turned the mic over to Marmalade, to which the Guinea pig had gave a charmingly cute smile, hands clasped in an innocent manner.

"Oh Tiffany, it's not a competition! And if it were- it would really be more of a tie." Marmalade laughed, his small hands waving gently around.

" But I'm sure we can all agree that there is a flower of goodness inside all of us, just waiting to blossom." Hands had pulled pictures and papers for Marmalade to sign, writing his signature without breaking his gaze towards the spunky news anchor woman.

His eyes scanned the crowed before getting caught in a trance. Swishing body encased in dubious and playful frills of night blue lace, accented with golden beads and sequences. The true Lapis lazuli of the Gala.

Once he was free from the autographs and good words. Marmalade's tiny feet had caught up to the shimmering beauty.

Diane was the first to notice the guinea pig's pace, a paw in the air to call him over, in turn caused (Y/n) to turn her head to look down at the tiny mammal.

"Hey! Mr. Marmalade, good to see you made it." Diane's voice was warm, like a welcome fireplace in the chilly night air, Marmalade had smiled brightly, two front teeth shining.

"And to you Governor Foxington, as well you Vice Governor~" Marmalade clasped his fingers around the reptiles tail, bringing it to his lips to press a chaste kiss onto the glimmering surface of their tail.
Small babbling could be heard bubbling up through her mouth.

"A-ah, how... Flattening you are Mr. Marmalade." (Y/n)'s voice squeezed, looking from side to side to see if this was some practical joke, their cheeks a warm shade of cherry.

"Ah, please, no formalities needed. Just call me Marmalade. I do hope to see you after the Gala Ms. (Y/Ln)." Marmalade released his hold from the reptile, a small smile and a cute wiggle of his tail to sell off the endearing look on his face.

A small ways away, Wolf, Snake, Tarantula, Shark and Piranha had started their plan. Wolf was to distract Diane, get her picture, just waiting for the perfect moment to strike up conversation. His head peaked over the pillars before turning his head towards snake.

"Alright, everyone got everything?"

"Do I really have to distract the Vice? Why can't Piranha do it?" Snake sneered, glaring toward the awkwardly smiling serpent who can't seem to make any conversation run as smoothly.

"The reason why you doing it is because you're the second most sane here, Piranha would probably scare her off... No offense." Wolf quickly looked back to the toothy fish, who had smiled and waved his fin off.