Poetic Justice ₪ XLI

Start from the beginning

"You really going to make me hurt you right now, you known I'm looking for an answer so why you playing?"

"Listen baby you did really good, I'm proud of you! You showed me you have something to work with. I would love to have you on stage but I rather have you home. I'll take your little friends, but I can't take that risk with you."

"Why Chris?"

"Cause I don't want my girl with me when she should be home watching my kids. This shit isn't as easy as it seems. The road isn't a place for you I'll take on the other two from time to time, just cause you got a ring don't mean you got it like that."

"Just like I would rather have you kept your stupid ass home, instead of flying to Houston for a fucking basketball game when Caeden wasn't even a week old yet. But I let you go cause I knew I would be alright. I don't want an easy route cause I'm with you, I want to dance with my man that's it. You must have forgot I'm a woman of my own I don't need your shit, you must have fell a little too damn hard on that court. Maybe we should go over our relationship because this ring should mean as your wife I got it and can get it anyway I want. I'm not just your damn sex toy, housewife, baby birthing machine. I am Brielle Nala Carter and I will die Brielle Nala Carter, with or without you and your approval of how I want to do things."

"You really want to dance with me?"

"Yes, how do you know you won't like it if you don't try it out? I'm not trying to force myself on you, I would have expected you would want the same thing."

"Fine then let's go, I'll see how you can handle it."

We went downstairs and he began dancing for me showing a routine I had to do."

"It's simple and in your lane, do it!" Chris said standing beside me watching me.

I started doing the routine and he pushed me, not motivationally or mentally but he physically put his hands on me and pushed me over.

"No, do it again!" He ordered, once I was a minute in he pushed me again. "No, you forgot to throw your hands. You make me look bad then your ass is out, do it again!" He ordered starting up the music. I looked at him like he was crazy pushing me like that, I started again and he pushed me down to the floor. "You can't even accomplish a simple move, why the hell would I put you on the stage? Get up, do it again!" He demanded.

"Why the hell are you pushing me, you do this shit to your real dancers?"

"And get sued ? Hell no, I expect better from you. You not getting a free ride cause I'm with you, you want this shit prove that you can handle it."

"We ain't going to be together much longer if you keep put your damn hands on me, it's not that serious." I said getting up but he pushed me again before I even started.

"It is that damn serious, you want this then prove it."

He started up the music, I actually got further than I did the other times but he still pushed me. Each time was harder than the next, I lost my balance and half the time I was getting pissed off. Every time I got up he knocked me down, I don't ever quit but he was really pissing me so I hit him back. I pushed him and socked him in the face, he grabbed my shoulders.

"I can go upstairs I'm not trying to prove myself, do it again!" Chris pushed me off.

I did it one last fucking time, I'm not taking the pushing anymore I get it already. His ass finally let me finish through.

"That was good."

"Fuck you, I'm done!"

"Brielle!"

"Can't believe this shit, fucking dick head!"

"Brielle!" he shouted, I still walked out

Chris

Brielle is not coming with me on the road, I don't want to exactly tell her like that but she ain't coming. I don't want to hurt her feelings, my baby can dance her ass off but she not doing it with me. The road is the only place I can do my own shit without her having to turn her neck at me, I'm comfortable to do shit she would question me about. Not anything bad, obviously I know my limitations. But I want to have fun with my boys, smoke some weed, drink, just go fucking crazy. Brielle could very well be part of that but I don't want her to, keep your ass home with open arms.

Brielle locked the bedroom door on me so I had to sleep downstairs, pushing was my way of pissing her off to drop it so maybe I did deserve the couch for tonight. Before I left I went to go check on my boys, Mijo was sleep but Caeden was awake looking up at the ceiling sucking on his fingers; I wasn't going to touch him thinking that maybe he would fall back asleep but they don't stay cute like this forever.

"Hey man, you not sleeping yet what you doing up? You was waiting for me to come get you right, I know you missed me, daddy right here." I took him downstairs with me.

I took a diaper and wipes with me and ended up changing his booty, seems like he always shits when he's with me.

"Leave some doo doo diapers for mommy please ? She kind of mad at me right now, but don't be afraid to lay the law down to your girl. Guarantee in a couple of weeks, you won't be the baby anymore cause knowing your momma I'll get her pregnant again." I laughed. "I kind of feel like I'm moving backwards, at this age this is the only time you'll hear mommy and daddy problems straight from my mouth cause I know you'll never remember this. Maybe I was being harsh to mommy, I should probably go make an attempt to apologize but I know things will be better in the morning. I never would have thought she would gain this much trust in me so soon, I wasn't leaving you behind that time to just play basketball. I would have been on the first flight back for you, but daddy had to take care of business. Sometimes I hope not most times I'm going to be gone, it's just business. I'll always come back whenever you need me, you fallen and can't get up I'll be there to pick you up. Scrap your knee I'll get the peroxide and tell you to man up, if your pee pee hurt don't go to mommy she don't know nothin' about that. Cold showers will do the trick but since your a Brown we'll talk about alternatives later, point is daddy is always here."

I use to love talking to Mijo like this, it be so funny when he stare at me with a blank stare while I'm confiding in him. Once he was able to talk I couldn't say exactly what was on my mind word for word, I had to do it discreetly. The next morning Brielle took Mijo out and ignored me, I was ready for whatever when she came back. I found her sitting in the backyard with Mijo while he was running around, I took Caeden outside so he can get some light too.

"What you do today?"

"I went out."

"You honestly mad at me?"

"I like I said I can't force myself on you nor was I trying to.I don't care that you don't want me to go. You were out of line, just say no Brielle I just don't want you to go. Grow some balls and stop making excuses, you made me feel it's a crime for just wanting to be with you like that. Who the fuck says just because you have a ring doesn't mean you got it like that?"

"I don't want you to come, period!"

"Despite what you say I'm going to do what I want, keep your funky ass stage I got me a studio today. Don't worry I'll be fine boo! I just wanted to share your world, that's all!" She said storming off into the house.

"Brielle," I called but got no answer, "Brielle!" I tried again but no response.