Chapter 5: Blending In

Chapter 5: Blending in

In the outback, a few kilometers outside of Brisbane, Australia.

Agent Fenrir landed near the site where Thomas and Jonas were supposed to have crash landed a few days prior. He scanned the area using a device on his wrist and got a reading of where Project New Era had exploded. The crater had no wreckage, as a result of the self-destruct function, but there was still evidence of the impact-Fenrir's scanner had concluded some comic energy was still on site. Suddenly the southern lights, which were still visible in the early morning sky, dropped a crate where Fenrir was standing.

The crate itself was fairly nondescript. If not for a few markings on it, it wouldn't have even been worth looking at for too long-well, assuming someone hadn't seen it fall out of the sky. The crate landed with a thud and a small cloud of dust kicked up from the impact. After a moment Fenrir approached. He noted the markings and opened the box, prying off the lid. Inside was a protective layer of some black substance, likely the same they'd used to form his armor. Technology didn't handle the transferring between dimensions all that well if it wasn't protected-which was likely part of the reason why the vessels from New Era had failed.

He moved the layer aside and punched in a code to open up the locked capsule inside the crate. It flipped open to reveal its contents: laser armed guns and a huge sword with laser cut technology. It was all cutting-edge technology, no pun intended, and would serve him well in his capture and disposal of Thomas Gomez. After stowing the weapons he flipped open his tracer and noted that there was a trail of energy from the site heading toward the city.

Fenrir grinned under his helmet, knowing that this would lead him to his target. So he began his trek, following the cosmic energy that was leading him towards the city of Brisbane.

Meanwhile at Heeler House

Thomas was lying down on his bed staring at the ceiling when he heard a knock on the door. He glanced over as he sat up.

"Good morning mate! Brekkie is ready!" Bandit said, wagging his tail while standing in the doorway of Thomas's room. The blue heeler had truly come around to the human, and it was nice that he had been so welcoming to the point where he was now a member of the family.

"Awesome! I'll be right down!" Thomas said, standing up from his bed with a smile.

"Alright mate I'll see you down there." Bandit said while closing the door.

Thomas smirked as he teleported himself to the dining room table. A moment later Bandit came into the room and saw Thomas already at his spot. "You snooze, you lose." Thomas said as he grinned and helped himself to a pancake from the pile.

"Hey!" Bandit said as the girls started laughing. Chilli also laughed while her husband rolled his eyes but conceded to a small chuckle. Bandit then joined the table with his family.

"Dad, will you show Thomas around the city today? I bet he'd really like it!" Bluey asked her father.

"Sure! If he wants a tour." Bandit said, looking at Thomas.

"Yeah, that would be fun but, um... what do I say if someone asks about who I'm related to?" Thomas asked, looking at Bandit and Chilli. I mean, I'm supposed to be a relative, but we never exactly nailed down to whom.

"Well, um... Chilli?" Bandit said, looking at his wife, hoping she might have a good idea.

Chilli then looked at Thomas and smiled. "We tell the truth." Chilli said with a kind grin.

"The truth, babe?" Bandit asked nervously, glancing at the very human Thomas sitting at the dining room table.

"Yes... we say that we adopted him." Chilli said, looking at Thomas again and placing her paw on Thomas's hand. Thomas beamed and patted her hand back. Bandit also shared a smile along with the girls, who were nearly squealing at the display. After a moment Chilli turned to look at Bandit, "Bandit, do you want to take the girls to school?"