Chapter 47

(3rd Person POV)

The attacks directed at Meliodas did nothing to slow down. All three of them intending to meet their target. 

Meliodas didn't care. He braced the impact of all spells. Knowing that his student has his back. 

Hendrickson had taken the opportunity and went to strike the Wrath Sin, but his attack was blocked by none other than Gilthunder. 

"Whenever you feel like you can't win and there's nobody around to lean on, just say these magic words." Meliodas advised. 

"Sure." Gil confirmed wearily. 

"I am now stronger than any of the Seven Deadly Sins." The Sin of Wrath stated. 

"I am now stronger than any..." 

With the strong slash of his sword, Gilthunder had successfully cut off Hendrickson's arm. The Holy Knight Grandmaster was stunned to see his most loyal knight betray him. 

"You've released the curse that's imprisoned me for years. My hero, as always." Gil stated in gratitude. 

On the opposite side of the battle field, Arthur and his mage had safely guided Princess Margaret to safety. 

"Gilthunder you would betray your own." Hendrickson accused. 

"I haven't betrayed anyone. After all, from the very beginning, I was never one of you!" The Holy Knight exclaimed. Having felt relief knowing he isn't trapped anymore. 

Hendrickson lunged at Gilthunder with demon energy engulfing his left hand. "You bastard!" 

Gil side stepped Hendrickson. Casting his request to Meliodas, "Meliodas, please allow me to handle the rest. I can finally take revenge of my father's murderer. You don't know how long I've waited for this." 

Gilthunder proceeded to attack Hendrickson with incredible speed. Not allowing him to form his own plan of attack. Gil had drove his sword into Hendrickson's gut, casting his lightning with as much rage as he could muster. 

The attack was so powerful that it had seemed that Hendrickson was obliterated from the lightning alone. Unbeknownst to Gil, his lightning had also destroyed another curse, that was attacked to himself as well. 

Gil had quickly grabbed Margaret from Arthur's arms. Allowing his face to be the first she sees when she comes too again.

The young couple shared a soft moment. Grateful that the two of them are now safe. The mage from before had become trapped with rage knowing that he master had been bested. She began to change the scenery around them. Ready to attack the weakened group. 

"Which world would you like to die in?" Vivian had exclaimed. 

But without her knowing, the other mage had changed her staff into a dragon snake. Then proceeded to bring the group back to Liones. 

"You sorry excuse for a mage." Vivian went to attack the mage in a purple cloak, only for it to whirl wind itself to reveal, Merlin the Boar Sin of Gluttony. "That boar symbol on your neck... the scarlet boar! You're- You're-" 

"Never thought she'd be with you Arthur." Meliodas stated, happy to see another one of his trusted companions. 

~Within the Dungeon~

Ban had descended the stairs into the dungeon of Liones. His search for the treasure within, slowly coming to a close. 

After a few more paces, Ban had finally stumbled onto the Trumpet of Cernunnos.