Chapter 31: Nothing is Okay

Chapter 31:

I'm so fucking glad I completed all my requirements on time. I didn't think I would make it but thanks to Mitsuya I finished my work with 30 minutes to spare.

"I'll have to take him out for drinks sometime," I told myself as I placed my laptop inside my bag and organized the paperwork Sakura made me do, I can't wait to see the look on her face when she finds out I managed to complete everything.

I grabbed all my notes from my table and was about to head to the conference room when Sakura stood in front of me with a condescending smirk on her face.

"So?" She raised her eyebrow at me, I smiled and handed her the paperwork she asked me to do. She was not expecting I could finish it, 

"Completed and organized, it's even color-coded," I answered confidently, her eyes grew wide and she did not look satisfied at all, like she wanted me to fail. I was about to walk past her when she grabbed me by the shoulder.

"Thank you, you worked hard," She smiled bitterly at me, "To make it up to you, why don't I take over the meeting? You look tired after all," She then grabbed the notes from my hands.

"What?" I was taken aback, I was not expecting that from Sakura.

"I'll lead the meeting, you can just relax, you've been working so hard lately," She said snobbishly as he grabbed the envelope from my hands, she smiled triumphantly as she proceeded to the conference room.

...

As the meeting began, Sakura stood up from her seat and greeted everyone.

"Hello everyone! Since Haruka-sensei is feeling under the weather, I'll be taking over the meeting!" She smiled at all the school admins that were present. I hugged my laptop bag tightly in my chest as I started to feel myself getting queazy from her cheap tactics. "Haruka, the PowerPoint please," she smirked at me, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to give her what Mitsuya worked so hard on. 

I sat there staring at her for a few seconds before snapping out of my trance.

"I--," I wanted to tell them what was going on but with her spreading lies that I bullied her, I don't think people would believe me, I looked around and saw the admins getting very impatient, I had no choice but to give her the laptop.

I'm sorry Mitsuya, you've worked so hard on this presentation.

All I did there was watch her explain the plans for the school year, she didn't even explain it quite well since she would always give a vague explanation or answers to the school board, and yet, she was still heavily praised for her presentation.

Everyone in the conference room applauded Sakura. Was it because the presentation was good or is it because she's the wife of the school president? Who knows, all I know is she left out a lot of important details.

"These plans are very well-written, and the slides are remarkable! Great job Shimazaki-san!" One of the school boards praised,

"She crafted the presentation so well and she just recently graduated, can you believe that? Another admin praised. 

She was getting credit for my and Mitsuya's hard work, I was angry. I wanted to get up and punch her in the face but I couldn't. I can't do anything, I was starting to feel hopeless.

I got up from my seat after clearing my space, and quickly headed back to my table. 

As Sakura entered the faculty room, everyone applauded her for her 'good work'. 

"Shimazaki-sensei, I read the paperwork you've made, they were perfect!" Our program coordinator praised,

"You should have seen her at the meeting, she was a superstar," One of the co-teachers praised as well. I