Chapter 5: Take Me Back

Chapter 5:

About 2 weeks have passed since my birthday, Draken and I have not talked about the incident. Well, he did try to bring it up but I quickly changed the subject, yes, I was very much avoiding talking about it because I hated confrontation, I knew if we talked about it I'll end up crying, I didn't want to cry and make him feel bad when it was my fault.

"Haru, are you ready? We're going to be late," Draken said as he knocked outside my bedroom door, we were on our way to school since it was our last day of classes for the year, so this is one of those rare days that he decides to come to school early.

"Why are you in a rush?" I asked as we went out of the brothel and headed to school,

"Mikey and Emma are waiting at the park," He stated, I just nodded and we went in the direction of the park, Emma and Mikey were already there, waiting.

It's rare to see Mikey up this early, and it was obvious he wasn't used to it, he was half asleep the whole time we walked to school,

I didn't really bother to participate or even listen to their conversation, as we were about a block away from school, I felt my phone vibrate from my side pocket. I grabbed my phone to check and it was from an unknown number.

'This is your mother, we need to talk, meet me at the cafe near the brothel after your class'

What the hell was this? Is this some sort of sick joke? My mother messaging me after all these years? Is she going to take me in and raise me as a real mother should or would this end up badly?

Either way, I didn't want to meet her, I'm perfectly satisfied with how my life is.

Should I tell Draken about it? I turned to look at Draken who was having a great conversation with Emma, I didn't want to ruin that.

Besides, I can't keep relying on Draken. I have to decide things on my own.

...

"Are you okay? You've been quiet ever since this morning," Draken asked me, we were at the cafeteria eating lunch, or should I say they were eating lunch, I was spaced out the whole time ever since I received that text message this morning.

"I- uhh forgot my math homework at home," I lied,

"We have homework?!" Mikey blurted out in shock, I'm assuming he didn't do his homework which was given 2 weeks ago,

"Can I try doing your hair?" I heard Emma ask Draken, Draken smile and nodded. 

Emma then untied Draken's hair and redone it, she seems pretty proud of her work.

"There!" She smiled brightly at her work,

"Not bad," Draken commented, making her smile even brighter,

"I should do your hair everyday," Emma suggested, I would be lying if I said that didn't bother me, I was taken aback by her suggestion,

"Oh, uh, Haru has been doing my hair for the past 2 years now," Draken explained, I could see the disappointment in Emma when he told her that,

"If Emma wants to do it, she should," I quickly told them, "She does a way better job than me anyway," I said flashing them the most sincere smile I could give.

They could spend more time together if I let her do this, I'm helping them, right?

So why does this make me sad?

"Haru," Draken started off, his face written with concern

"You mean it?" Emma's eyes sparkled with excitement, I can't say no to that, I just smiled and nodded.