Chapter 12: I'm Still Here

Chapter 12:

The following day I went to the brothel to check on Draken, I even brought him his favorite curry from the cafe he really likes, maybe that will make him a little better.

"Haruka-chan, I haven't seen you in so long," Masaway-san said as soon as I stepped out of the elevator, "You lost so much weight, have you been eating well?" He was the first person to notice I haven't been eating since I left.

"Of course! I'm just on a diet, a few kids at my new school said I'm a little chubby," I lied, I didn't want them to be worried about me, I should stop letting people be bothered by me. "Is Ken home?"

"He hasn't left his room since last night," Masaway-san informed me, I nodded and headed to his room.

I know I'm probably the last person he wants to see, but being alone isn't good for someone's mental health, especially after losing someone dear to them.

"Draken, I brought you curry!" I said as I entered his room, he was just sitting on his bed looking lost, it looks like he hasn't left the same spot the moment he came home last night.

I can't stand seeing him like this,

"Here, let me prep your lunch," I said as I took the bowl out of the plastic bag, took off the lid, and placed it beside Draken. "I'll go get you some water,"

I was about to head outside his room when I felt the bowl of curry was thrown at me, hitting me in the shoulder.

"Why are you even here?" Draken hissed at me, "You have the nerve to show yourself to me after what happened?!"

"But I didn't do anything," I tried to reason with him,

"Then what was she doing near your place?! Masaway-san said Emma came here looking for you too!" Draken yelled,

What?

How should I know? I haven't spoken to Emma since I left,

"I don't know," I answered lowly as I got down and picked up the bowl of curry on the floor,

"Get the fuck out," Draken said, "I can't stand you,"

"I understand," I said as I placed the bowl on the bin near the door, "But I'll be back tonight for dinner, okay? I'll bring you some pork tonkatsu from that shop you like downtown!" I said giving the most enthusiastic smile I could give,

I'll stay enthusiastic and positive for Draken, he doesn't need more negativity in his life.

I'll fake a smile if I have to,

I'll keep all my pain to myself if I have to,

I'll take in all of his hatred and anger if I have to,

Anything to make him feel better,

...

the yelling and hostility went on for a few more days, but I still continued to stay with him. I brought him food every day and I sometimes stay to clean his room and wash his clothes.

He has been letting himself go ever since Emma died, he became crippled with sadness so I had to step up and take care of him.

Today was Emma's last day of her funeral and we were all at the Sano dojo to pay our respect to her and her family.

I was sitting in the farthest corner of the room, I was advised by Peh and Pah to keep my distance especially from Draken for today because they don't know how he will react, as much as it pains me, I had no choice but to agree to their terms.

I don't want him to cause a scene on Emma's funeral,

Draken went in front of Mikey and their grandfather and bowed down to them.