Chapter 13: Todays The Day pt1

Mari POV:
I woke up to my alarm going on. I sat up immediately and looked at the clock 9:30am. Oh thank god, I still have 3 hours and 25 minutes before I have to leave. I must leave at 12:55 at the latest. I heard a noice in the kitchen and looked over.

"Luka? What are you doing?" I asked looking at him, he looked at me and smiled

"Well good morning to you too, I'm just making a cup of coffee in my own kitchen. Want one?" He said

"You know I'd never turn down coffee." I said getting up from the couch walking to the kitchen were Luka was holding up two cups. One of me one of him.

"Thank you" I said as Luka handed me a cup. I took a sip and felt instantly relaxed. I looked at Luka who was drinking his coffee.

"So what are you doing here" I said

"Am I not allowed to be in my own house?" He said

"Well it's Wednesday? Shouldn't you be at work?" I asked taking another sip of my coffee.

"No actually, they said they'd call if they needed me. Other than that looks like I'll be here" he said

"Oh ok..well at least you have today off, right?" I said raising a brow

"Yea, that's a good thing. So are you packed and all ready to go?" He said looking at me

"Yeah. I gotten everything I need. And I don't have to take a shower till 11:45am." I said

"So you basically have free time till 11:45 right?"

"Yeah, yeah I do. Why did you wanna do something?"

"Why don't we have breakfast together outside by the pool?" He said at first I was gonna tell him I just wanted to watch a movie or something but honestly a nice breakfast sounds nice.

"Uh sure why not." I said

"Why do you go outside. I'll make it and bring it out" he said I was kinda shocked usually I make breakfast. Luka dose sometimes but like once every five months.

"Sure" I said he nodded at me and than turned around to the cabins to pull out some pans. I turned around and walked to the outside door.

I was in front of the door when I turned around and took one last glance at Luka. I smiled and walked outside, closing the door behind me.

I sat down in our outside chair and watched Luka work in the kitchen. Seeing him cook for me is honestly very refreshing.

I turned my head to look at the sky. God its perfect out here I closed my eyes as the warm breeze collided with my face, I leaned back against my chair and just let the cool air relax me.

20 minutes later

I was still relaxing when all of a sudden I heard the door open, I looked over and saw Luka with two plates in his hand walking over to me. he placed my plate down in front of me. He placed his plate down too and sat across from me.

"Thanks you Luka, this looks delicious." I said grabbing my fork.

1 hour and 25 minutes later

Luka and I where outside talking, laughing just having a good time. And if I'm being completely honest spending time with him not having to worry about secret or anything else.

It's been really calming. I've never not loved the connection Luka and I have, after all him and I have been married for 4 years so it kinda hurts that Luka and I haven't been getting along lately...

I wish Luka could jus tell me what he's been doing. But maybe I'm just being crazy the only thing I have against him is that he stay's out late but other than that I don't have anything so maybe I'm just being paranoid.. I heard a ding from my phone I grabbed my phone on the table