I took a deep breath, avoiding the eyes of my brother. "I figured out that the council was responsible for my murder." The sound of Ace's mug smacking on the table was loud in the silence.

"That's why you canceled the council meeting?" Xander asked. I nodded, causing Xander to curse under his breath. "What were you planning on doing about that?" The silence was loud. "You already have, haven't you?" The silence was louder as I avoided eye contact.

"There were 3 people who voted to kill him..." Lyle started, glancing at me hesitantly. "We killed one of them already," He admitted. Ace made a squeaking noise, obviously startled by the news. Xander just looked surprised.

"Why haven't you killed the other 2?" Xander pressed, leaning further into the table. Ace moved closer to him as we all noticed Xander's anger building up.

"We just haven't had the chance with everything going on. And not to mention that they are prominent figures in the council. It would cause a lot of uproar," I tried to explain calmly, but Xander stood up in anger.

"I don't care who they are! They aren't going to live much longer! Give me their names!" Ace was quick to stand up and start to soothe the very upset Xander.

I was surprised when Lyle stood too, walking right in front of Xander and grabbing his face. I stood up to meet the boys in the middle of the room.

"Hey, don't worry, Xan. We will get our revenge in due time," Lyle said softly, caressing my brother's face as Ace hugged his side. Xander instantly detensed, his eyes no longer glowing blue.

Lyle took a step back to be back by my side. "Just tell me one thing," Xander requested, clutching his mate to his side. "Is one of them Wilson Wager?" I pursed my lips immediately, not understanding how he knew.

"Yeah, how did you know?" Lyle answered for me.

Xander sighed, sitting on the couch, bringing Ace onto his lap. "He's always had a lot of distaste for me and has made several questionable comments. He's the president of the council."

"If he's the president, what happens if you kill him?" Ace questioned, leaning back into Xander's arms. Lyle and I sat on the couch across next to them, sitting close, but not on top of each other like them. It was clear who the submissive was in their relationship, but Lyle and I had a more equal partnership we were still testing out.

"You guys will have to challenge him, and if you win, you'd have to take over the council president spot," Lyle explained, squeezing my hand.

Ace sat up at Lyle's comment. "You can't be an Alpha and President," he stated the obvious elephant in the room.

"You have a plan for that, don't you?" Xandered narrowed his eyes at me, reading me so clearly.

I shrugged. "I have my thoughts, but we'd all have to agree to them." They all nodded, waiting for my suggestion. "Well it's clear that Xander and I are stronger together, and we should take a position together. We would both be presidents, which makes sense since technically it's the wolf that is in charge, not the human." They all seemed to agree with my statement, so I continued. "If we take the president spot, that leaves us with Lyle, who is an Alpha, and Ace, who is a Luna. I say we combine packs, and have Lyle and Ace be the leaders rather than us."

Everyone stayed quiet for a moment as they thought about the suggestion.

"What about the Betas and Deltas?" Ace broke the silence. He moved off of Xander's lap in order to really engage in the conversation.

"It's going to be a big pack, so we will just keep them. You stay here, I stay in my pack, and we have our respective Beta and Delta helping run our half of the pack," Lyle pitched in, looking like the wheels were turning in his head. "We will be technically the same pack and we can go back and forth managing it, but ultimately the packs will be able to stay separate."

Ace leaned forward, looking as if he was seriously considering this. "Then we always will have Xander and Blaze living in the pack if we need help with anything," he added. We nodded in agreement. Everyone but Xander.

We all silenced as the attention fell on my twin. He pursed his lips, looking at us all. "Are we really ready to rule over the council, though?"

I sighed, understanding where his doubts came from. "I don't think we have a choice. We were created to rule it, and we've learned to not go against what the gods want. It's different compared to Apollo's time. I think we will be okay," I assured him.

There was another wave of silence. Finally, Xander moved Ace back onto his lap and kissed his cheek. "Okay, we can make it work. As long as I'm working with Blazen, living with Ace, and able to see Lyle, I think I'll be okay." His eyes met all of ours as he mentioned our names.

It hadn't occurred to me that Xander really cared about Lyle, but recently I've noticed the little things he does for him. He asks about him constantly, always checks in on him whenever he sees him, and can be a little possessive over him. Ace and I have been friends, so that bridge was easy to build. I just never noticed their bond until now.

Lyle turned to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I instantly smiled looking at my extremely handsome mate. Lyle turned back to the other couple. "Alright, I want my mate to myself, so I'm kicking you out." I loved Lyle's bluntness.

The couple did not make a move to leave. "Well, we also wanted to discuss when we are going to mate," Ace mentioned.

"What do you mean? Y'all can fuck at anytime. We don't need to know," Lyle responded, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I liked when he was possessive over me, even when it wasn't necessary.

Xander propped his head on Ace's shoulder in preparation to talk. "Well Apollo told me that he'd rather we do it at the same time. He usually talks to you more, so I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned it."

I shook my head. "No, he didn't. Probably because he knew you two were ready, but Lyle and I haven't been." I paused to glance at Lyle for a moment. "We haven't really discussed fully mating, yet." The atmosphere was a little awkward once I said that. Lyle pulled me closer to him so my head was practically laying on his chest.

"I think once we figure out the whole counsil thing, then we will be ready. If that's okay with you two?" Lyle pitched in, handling the awkwardness surprisingly well. He was always good at that unlike me.

Ace and Xander nodded in agreement. Once they did that. Lyle was practically dragging them out of the room. Xander laughed as Lyle pushed him out the door. "Don't go too rough on my brother. He's delicate!"

"I'll be the judge of that!" Lyle called before slamming the door shut.