One

Leng Keng

"Welcome!" The clear greeting echoed throughout the shop.

Suga habitually walked straight to his familiar corner of the table without a second taking his eyes off his phone screen. As soon as he sat at the table, he immediately pulled out his Ipad, put on headphones and continued to immerse himself in his unfinished music. Too engrossed in work, he unconsciously ignored the strangeness in the coffee shop today.

In the counter, Mina is trying to reassure herself, she is not confident in using her meager Korean to receive guests even though she can understand the basics.

'Why are you telling me that I don't have any guests right now? It's not long to sit yet, but the guests have already come in! When you come back, I will kill you.' She cursed at her brother.

After cheering herself up for a while, Mina took a deep breath, stood up, and bravely walked over to the only customer in the shop.

"What do you want, sir?" Mina said while thinking if she said it wrong.

Even though he's wearing headphones, Suga can still hear the noises around him. Therefore, when he heard this question, he raised his head in surprise.

"You don't know your favorite customer-" Halfway through the sentence, he stopped when he realized that in front of him was a strange girl.

"Are you the new employee? Can I have an Iced Americano, please?" After saying that, Suga lowered his head and continued working.

'Weird, these two've never hire new staff. What's wrong?' He wondered in his head.

***

"Here's your. Have a good time." Mina put down the drink and lifted her foot back to the counter.

"Let me ask you something." Suga immediately asked when she appeared.

"Yes?" Mina stopped walking with a bit of trepidation when she heard he wanted to ask something.

"Is Jungkook at the shop?"

"Jungkook oppa -" Leng Keng Mina was saying when someone entered the shop.

The two turned their heads towards the door.

"Ah, hi Suga hyung, why did you come so early today? It's only 7 o'clock." Jungkook cheerfully greeted, walking over with a bag in hand.

"Not for me. I haven't slept yet." Suga yawned loudly as he answered.

"Oh my god, you're too diligent again. Do you want to go inside and get some sleep?" Jungkook inquired.

"Later. Help me listen to this part and then give me some advice." Suga hands Jungkook headphones.

Jungkook took the earphones, pulled the chair and sat down.

"Ah, Mina, this is breakfast, take it to the kitchen and get some for yourself." Jungkook handed Mina the bag and spoke in Japanese.

"Did you know I was panicking just now? You said there were no guests, but just in five minutes, the guests had already walked in." Mina grumbled.

"Hehe, aren't you still handling it well. Hwaiting sis, you still have a long reception after." Jungkook patted her shoulder comfortingly.

"Just because of my sister. Or you'll done with me." Mina raised her fist threateningly at Jungkook.

"Haha, thank you very much. Try to learn more Korean and then argue with me in Korean."

"Yah, you wait there. Next time, I won't easily forgive you." Mina puffed her cheeks and went into the kitchen, secretly hating her brother.

"New staff?" Suga asked after Mina disappeared.

"That's Satang's cousin."

"That's all."

"What do you mean? Why does it smell like bad thoughts?"

"Just because this shop've just have two of you. New girl's presence making me think you're going to expand the shop."

"Haha, you think that's too far." Jungkook gave up on Suga's thoughts.

"Then where's Sana?" Suga looked around the bar.

"Satang went to Japan to work." After answering, Jungkook started listening to the music Suga said.

"What do you see, bro?" Suga asked after Jungkook finished listening to the music.

"It's fine. What are you going to write about?"

"Hmm. What topic do you think fit?"

"Probably a deep love for the soprano." Jungkook stroked his chin.

"Bingo. I think like you." Suga snapped his fingers, "Okay, okay. Let me record it." He eagerly opened the notebook and wrote.

"Clean up. Go to sleep for me. If you faint again, who will pick you up?" Jungkook gathered everything on the table and closed the notebook Suga was writing.

"Hold on, it's almost over." Suga still tries to open and write more.

"Go to sleep for me, bro. Sleep then go back to work. No one will take your job." Jungkook carried Suga's bag into the small break room at the corner of the shop.

"Yah, I just got an idea." Suga chased into the room.

***

"Is breakfast okay to your taste?" Jungkook asked Mina after he had dragged Suga into the break room.

"Okay, Korean food is quite similar to Japanese food so it's okay." Mina glanced at him and continued eating.

"Good, sister, try to adapt and help me take care of the shop." Jungkook patted her shoulder again.

"Why me, that's your own shop. Just because I'm at home now so I help you this time only." Mina immediately punched him back.

"Really? Or do you want to have a shop but are afraid to say it?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her, his hand preparing breakfast.

"What do I get by lying to you? If you want me to help take care of the shop, you have to pay me." Mina waved her hand for money.

"Please ask your sister about this, this is not under my control. Ha ha." Jungkook laughs hysterically.

"I'm really tired with these two. Of course, I regret coming here." Mina clicked her tongue.